Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tried my Dizzy Pig "Game On!" trial sample last night.

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,889
Time is running out since Chris wanted feedback by this Friday, Sept 18 so I wanted to oblige. Seeing I'm not a hunter I had no venison in the freezer so I opted for the other suggestion of using it on red meat. Still feeling punky from this weekend I decided to try it on side by side rib eyes pan fried inside. That way I knew what the meat should taste like without the new rub concoction, so as to give me a clear way to evaluate it. Clearly Game On! has a robust taste! I liked it, though Pat found her S & P only more to her liking over the 2 bites she had of mine. Just being open, Chris, if you are reading this!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Options
    I've got a bunch of elk just dying to give it a whirl if more test pilots needed...
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Ron,
    Thanks for posting.
    Robust is a little concerning.  Although most folks prefer to supersoak in Dale's and wrap in bacon.  I actually like some of the game taste.  

Is it heavy with the turbinado?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Focker said:
    Ron,
    Thanks for posting.
    Is it heavy with the turbinado?
    Not that I noticed. Besides I love the wet finger test and all that hit me was the hot pepper and I THINK some ginger. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Thanks buddy.  Will have to check it out when it hits the stores. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• KSwoll
    KSwoll Posts: 129
    Options
    I did not cook anything with my sample, but I tasted it on a spoon. My first thought is that this would be great in a Chili of some sort. Now that the weather is getting cooler That is what I might do, lol.
    XL, Large, Medium, and Mini Max
    Northern Virgina
  • GATraveller
    Options
    I have a freezer full of venison and antelope just waiting for this.  Can't wait to get my paws on some.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Great Info Thank You @Ron

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Still waiting on mine to arrive, I got the e-mail about it, but no sample. Should be here some time this week I hope.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Kswoll:

I agree that it would go good in a meaty chili...I often make chili using hanger steak cut into cubes and GAME ON would be delish on the meat while browning and then adding to the final product as it simmered!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Appreciate the feedback Ron! Thanks for trying it. I think you will find that it really rounds out if you get more browning on the meat. Looks like yours was cooking in a lot of moisture, and did not brown as much. That would explain the stronger flavor. In this case, using a bit less, and filling in with a little extra salt is not a bad idea if you won't be browning thoroughly. Again, thanks sir!!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ