Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-Bone done differently

Got the inspiration from Bobby Flay from one of his shows, though it took a strip steak and did his meal.  Harris Teeter had T-bones on sales, so I did this technique with it instead.  

Before cooking, liberally coat the steak with salt and pepper.  I added some fresh garlic to add some flavor too.  Place in the fridge over night.  

Get the Egg very hot, like 600+ and sear to get a nice crust.  That's all you want.  I wish mine had a little better crust, but it still turned out fine.  

Once you established your crust, cut the steak into nice size pieces.  Place in a CI pan with plenty of real butter (I added the pieces of garlic back to this to really add more flavor) and back on the Egg to finish cooking till desired temp.  I went around 425° on the medium.  

Pulled, and assembled on a plate.  I placed some blue cheese crumbles on mine and left some plain for my wife.  

Take the remaining butter in the CI pan and drizzle/spoon over the pieces you assembled on the plate.  This also helps melt the cheese and also push through a few more degrees if you pulled a little early.  

The sides were nothing special, and my little girl was "hangry" (that is hungry and angry).  

Now for the pictures.  

1 - Started with this

2 - Fixed a piece of salmon for work tomorrow..

3 - Getting a crust

4 - Pulled and ready to slice. 

5 - Butta getting ready to get happy

6 - Butta is happy

7 - Plated

8 - Started off the evening on a bad note.  Miss Priss here got tangled on her own feet while getting her Mothers shoes (she wants to get shoes for us).  Fell, and hit her head on the door molding.  Nice goose egg on her forehead.  Scared the living piss out of me when she came up and immediately had this on her forehead.  Called the doctor and they told of things to look out for, but overall she was okay just by her nature.  

------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments