Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Making Lunches......

Options
Did 16# of bone-in chicken boobies for my lunches for the next month.  Been doing this now for 1-2 months and really been enjoying it a lot more than store bought deli meat....Did this batch with Mickeys Coffee Rub.   

Comments

• MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Great idea. Looks like a perfect cook. Thanks for the post!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    My kinda guy. Cook once, eat for a month! I prefer hot off the grid, but if it means I don't have to cook, I'm in. =)

Make some chicken salad and stretch it even farther!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Looks good.  I have been doing the same thing lately.  We start by brining the breasts in a 10% solution for a few hours and then grill on the egg.  We wait until the chicken has spent some time in the fridge (overnight) before slicing; it gives a better texture. 

Hey @paqman  --been meaning to try brining em... How do you make up your 10% solution ?   Is a couple hours enough?   Would overnight be too long?  I agree about overnight in the fridge before slicing.  
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    1000 ml (1 Litre) water + 100 grams salt --> 4 hours

For overnight, I would go with a 5% solution (1000 ml water + 50 grams salt) --> 4 cups water + 1 3/4 ounces

The solution must be cold.  It is best to prepare it in advance.  You can also add sugar and herbs/spices.  It helps to heat the solution to disolve the salt but it must be cold before using it.

Got it..  Thanks!
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Man that looks way better than regular lunch meat. And at a third the cost. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx