Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket help

put on a 6lb single point at 8 am. Got to 170 degrees by 1:30pm. Egg at 225.
wrapped in foil with some beer  1.5 hrs now and it hasn't moved in temp.
i am very familiar with the stall, but I thought this would help break through. Dinner guests at 6pm.
Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!!
Ninety feet between bases is perhaps as close as man has ever come to perfection." -- Red Smith

Comments

• Egg is at 268 now
    Ninety feet between bases is perhaps as close as man has ever come to perfection." -- Red Smith
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Great score with the point only...that said, If you are in the Eastern time zone (as late as it can get in the USA) then you have three hours to finish.  I would see where you are around 4:30 PM (EDT) and if necessary dial it up again.  I think you are fine with what you have right now but the cow rules.  Enjoy the eats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Bump it to 350....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Should I leave it in the foil, or take
    ot out?
    still at 167 degrees internal, and it's 3:15 EDT
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    pirates21 said:
    Should I leave it in the foil, or take
    ot out?
    still at 167 degrees internal, and it's 3:15 EDT
    Keep it in the foil if you are running short on time, the wrap will help it cook faster. You could open it up toward the end to help re-form softened bark.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker