Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    edited September 2015
    Just fired up both eggs.  Now I need to figure out what to do with them. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Just got home from working 14 hours last night. Going to kick back and watch The Age of Ultron then cook some soft shell crabs that I picked up last night. Then I'm going my tired, fat a$$ to bed. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Sitting on my patio enjoying the great weather drinking my cup of cafe' au lait and eating beignets.
    Also reflecting on the LSU win over Miss St last night. Heisman candidate   Leonard Fournette is the real-deal. Watch out!
    Gotta bad feeling that my Saints will find a way this afternoon to spoil this awesome day.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Getting ready to brew a pumpkin ale, drink some Rye ESB homebrew and relax. 
  • SGH
    Fixing to eat a pile of heavily battered, flash fried, soft shell crabs. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    SGH said:

That's all. Are you on a diet or something?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    stemc33 said:
    SGH said:

Going to do a few ribeyes and home made onion rings as well. I have been trying to cut back a little. Getting pretty out of shape my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• A circle is a shape....
  • stemc33
    SGH said:
    stemc33 said:
    SGH said:

Going to do a few ribeyes and home made onion rings as well. I have been trying to cut back a little. Getting pretty out of shape my friend. 
    I figured you weren't showing us everything. Thought you were sick for a moment. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Lollipops

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Lollipops

Show off ;)

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    Hopefully it's not too late. But, just in case anybody forgot. 

It's Grandparents Day! Show some LOVE. :smiley: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Hopefully it's not too late. But, just in case anybody forgot. 

It's Grandparents Day! Show some LOVE. :smiley: 
    I didn't even realize that today was Grandparents Day. I sure wish that mine was still around, but sadly they are not. On the other hand, I'm now a Grandparent and didn't receive anything. My Grandchildren are in trouble when I see them.  

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    @SGH Our Son brought home flowers to Grandma and called his others Grandma. He's a good lil dude. @HuskerMaMa got the cake for Mom from us/furGrandbabies and our boy :smile: 
    My Grandparents have passed on also. Grandparents rock!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • stemc33
    Awesome @HuddleHouseCook, @HuskerMaMa and Blake. Way to go. :plus_one: 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Been watching since 12:00 can't get enough.
  • SGH
    stemc33 said:
    Brother Stem, I made a dozen large soft shell blue crabs and 4 small ribeyes. Certainly a step down in size compared to what I normally eat, but I honestly have to drop a little weight. I'm getting so out of shape that it's hard for me to get through the hatches on the spool ships. Also my knees are getting really bad. I'm hoping that dropping a little weight will help with that as well.   

Status- Standing by.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Damn that crab looks good.
  • SGH
    Legume said:
    Damn that crab looks good.
    Thank you brother. Soft shell crabs are one of my very favorites.  

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    OK @SGH, that does it. We need a fryer at Brisket Camp.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    DMW said:
    OK @SGH, that does it. We need a fryer at Brisket Camp.
    Not to worry brother D, mounted on the front of Unit #7 & #8 is a triple burner deck. Frying and/or boiling is not a problem.  My last 3 new units all have at least 1 burner built in up front. Unit #6 only has 1. But I learned my lesson, all new rigs and future rigs will have at least 2. More than likely 3. The triple burners is the way to go. 

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    @SGH show off...touché :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    Miracles actually happen! 

• stemc33 said:
    Looking forward to seeing this tomorrow for dinner. Planning on doing something different with the cook. 

Looking forward to seeing the end results. 
    Had to call an audible @stemc33 .  Took my little girl to the park and she was having too much fun.  We stayed later so it was carryout pizza lastnight for us.  Hoping to cook this tonight though.  

Take care buddy!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • stemc33
    @tarheelmatt, I can wait another day to see the steak, I'm patient . Sounds like you got your priorities straight. Enjoy the good times, kids grow up quick. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Miracles actually happen! 

Good for you!   I do not ever think my message light goes off.  (We have the same exact phone.)
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • @SGH - crab looks good - where did you get them at? My parents live near you (up 49 just north of Wiggins) - I'd love to get some next time I visit them
    Austin, TX
  • SGH
    @SGH - crab looks good - where did you get them at? My parents live near you (up 49 just north of Wiggins) - I'd love to get some next time I visit them
    These I got from a young man at work. His grandfather gathers them and he brings them in to folks who want them. Believe this or not, sadly his grandfather passed away last night. I don't know if he will continue selling them or not. There are actually several sources for them down here though. I will PM you list of places tonight when I'm at work. 

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    Getting ready for this weekend. Smoking a variety of raw nuts and Chez Cereal then it'll all get roasted. Made up a simple makeshift container to smoke the nuts in so I could kind of shake them up a little bit every now and again. The raw pecans are up first. Using a spritzer bottle I'm misting them lightly with a mix of water and sugar in the raw. Smoking with RW and a couple of chunks of Sugar Maple Wood on the MM. Enjoy the rest of y'alls Monday. GBR!!!

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832

Watching MNF. Took it outside, I love fall weather.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker