Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd Annual Brisket Camp is ON

Options

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    You better drag your ass down there
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Shelly and my grand daughter are going to Taylor Swift concert Friday night the 16th. So I got that going for me also. We may just do something close to home. So don't burn any bridges and I will make next year. And yes there will be next year. I don't need pics of this year. I still have images from last year I can't get out of my head. And @heapple don't pee in the PBR and put it back in the cooler. It's only funny the first time.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    texaswig said:
    @Hotch that sucks.  if your not coming at least send some of those margarita cookies. Maybe I'll see yall in Jackson its not too far from my house. 
    I read that as a different kind of cookie the first time.
    NOLA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Hotch said:
    So it looks like we won't make it this year. We committed to cook at the Jefferson Eggfest on Oct 10 awhile back. And with the costs to travel double what it was last year it's just not in the cards. You guys have a blast and keep @nolaegghead 's lawyers phone # in your pocket. You just may need it.
    That sucks!  Well, ya can't make 'em all.  I missed the second to last Salado where Mickey gave away all my swag.
    Options
    Come on Hotch, I know you and Shelly can bend a few plans to get to New Orleans. I am on my way bringing Sandy, gonna stop by Scotties on the way down.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Hotch said:
    So it looks like we won't make it this year. We committed to cook at the Jefferson Eggfest on Oct 10 awhile back. And with the costs to travel double what it was last year it's just not in the cards. You guys have a blast and keep @nolaegghead 's lawyers phone # in your pocket. You just may need it.
    That sucks!  Well, ya can't make 'em all.  I missed the second to last Salado where Mickey gave away all my swag.
    Sorry, I mean little Steven.  I'm drunker now and noticed it drunker.  Says something.
    Options
    Is there still room available at the Camp for a fiscal conservative? 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    We have unlimited slots for fiscal conservatives.  Only 5 slots for social conservatives left.
    Options
    So what do I need to do to make this happen as far as you are concerned @nolaegghead? I'm willing to help out in any way. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    So what do I need to do to make this happen as far as you are concerned @nolaegghead? I'm willing to help out in any way. 

You need to get your a$$ there and have a well conditioned liver.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I'm going to incorporate a work trip to the furthest reach of my territory (Mobile, AL) so I can charge mileage.  ;)
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I'm exercising my liver now. Can't wait. The wife is currently researching accommodations. Whatever I can do from noon Friday on, let me know.   
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'm going to incorporate a work trip to the furthest reach of my territory (Mobile, AL) so I can charge mileage.  ;)
    I still own a 13 acre track just this side of Mobil Al. Have actually been considering moving back there. Its where i get my oak and pecan wood.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    SGH said:
    I still own a 13 acre track just this side of Mobil Al. Have actually been considering moving back there. Its where i get my oak and pecan wood.
    Both sides of my family are from LA. Atmore on my Mom's side and Bay Minette on my Dad's side. We used to have 98 acres in Bay Minette. I wish my folks wouldn't have sold it. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @DoubleEgger  We need someone to cook the Halal, Kosher and vegetarian dishes for the non-Christians.   Tony doesn't want to do it because he's mad at his sister for going off the meat reservation. ;)
    Options
    If you can get here by early afternoon on Thursday, we were talking about taking a boat or three out into the lake.  These are what we have to work with.  
    Options
    @nolaegghead  Did you get another boat? The one i saw had twin Yamahas.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - yeah, I traded my BMW F800R motorcycle for that last boat in the chain - it's a 17' Key Largo center console with a yamaha 4-stroke 75.  2005.  Runs all day on $30 of gas.  Still have the twin yamaha gas-sucking boat.
    Options
    Might be a 16' boat, not sure.  I've been on it but didn't notice.  It's in Gautier, MS...I'm picking it up on Friday, we have a fishing trip planned for Sat. Marsh fishing...Specs, reds.  I only fish saltwater. 
    Options
    Might be a 16' boat, not sure.  I've been on it but didn't notice.  It's in Gautier, MS...I'm picking it up on Friday, we have a fishing trip planned for Sat. Marsh fishing...Specs, reds.  I only fish saltwater. 
    Nice score..

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Status- Standing by.

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options

I'm exercising my liver now. Can't wait. The wife is currently researching accommodations. Whatever I can do from noon Friday on, let me know.   
    Jason, I'll be at B&B on the Point Thursday night/ Friday morning, call me and we will have a drink or 12 and go hassle NOLA
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • nolabrew
    Options
    Would anyone like to make a restaurant depot run before the fun starts to stock up on meat or what have you?
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Looks like I won't be making it either, but I will be cooking brisket and pork butts that weekend.  The wife has volunteered me to cook for one of her work charities on October 17th.  I will be cooking the 16th through the night to feed people the next day.  not sure how many yet, but I always cook more then I need. I have been wanting to do this for sometime now so I not complaining about it.  May smoke some ribs as well.   :)

Have fun everyone, maybe next year. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    nolabrew said:
    Would anyone like to make a restaurant depot run before the fun starts to stock up on meat or what have you?
    Sounds like the liquor store might be a more prudent move. 
  • nolabrew
    Options

nolabrew said:
    We don't really have liquor stores here.  You just get your liquor from a grocery store or a gas station.  Even on a Sunday :)
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    nolabrew said:
    This is why we need more engineers at the party. 
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    I really wish I lived a little closer  B)
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    nolabrew said:
    @nolabrew

I lost my RD card (which a friend gave me)....so maybe so.  I'll PM you my number.  I have Costco and Sams Club cards but RD is the bomb.
    Options
    nolabrew said:
    @nolabrew

I lost my RD card (which a friend gave me)....so maybe so.  I'll PM you my number.  I have Costco and Sams Club cards but RD is the bomb.
    I have a RD card as well.
    NOLA