Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings

Options
ted
ted Posts: 51
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
wings.jpg
<p />I made some great wings this past weekend. They looked so good I had to share the photo. A few minutes later, they were cut and then tossed with a homemade texas pete/sriracha buffalo sauce. Some of the best wings ever![p]

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    ted,[p]what kind of skewer thingy do you have them on? I think I need whatever it is!!
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    medwing.jpg
    <p />ted,
    Looks geat.
    Love those wing racks.

• JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    Options
    ted,
    Where can I get a wing rack like that?[p]Jimbo[p]

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • Jackbythesea
    Jackbythesea Posts: 102
    Options
    ted,
    Do the wings come off w/crisp skin on that rack? That's the only thing I haven't been able to do on the BGE. Where did you get that rack?
    Thanks,
    Jack

• ted
    Options
    I can't remember exactly where I got them but try searching google for "stainless steel wing rack" and you will find them at several places. [p]They work very well and the wings can come out crispy. I usually cook them until they are pretty much done and then I open up the egg vents and let the temperature rise to around 600 degrees to get a really good crispy brown.
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    JimboBQ,
    Here is one place you can get them.
    Larry

[ul][li]Wing Rack[/ul]
  • ccrider.disabled
    Options
    jackbythesea, Cabelas has them by the three pack.
    Click below.

[ul][li]Wing racks[/ul]
  • Unknown
    Options
    ccrider,[p]Thank you for the link...I have one on order![p]J. Barrett Carter
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    ted,
    Beautiful pic![p]Mike

• Unknown
    Options
    ted,
    Those look great. Can you share recipe and process?

• ted
    Options
    Those wings were salted and oiled with olive oil the night before. I simply hung them on the racks and put them on the egg over a platesetter for indirect cooking at about 400 degrees more or less. When the juices run clear, they should be browning. Then, I open the vents and let the egg get good and hot to really crisp them well. That last surge of heat really does wonders. [p]For the sauce, I used about half of a big bottle of Texas Pete, about a half stick of butter, some onion powder, some garlic powder, salt, black pepper, white vinegar and a big squeeze of sriracha sauce. Once it was done, I poured it back into the texas pete bottle and it was almost full. So half TP and 30-40% other stuff. [p]If you don't know what sriracha is, look it up, get some and never be without it again. I consider a refrigerator without it a more-than-minor crisis. [p]