Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Very impressed with SAMs club

Options
thursday the wife goes to same and picks up 3 packs of baby backs for a party we were having Saturday. Saturday morning we open them and 2 of the 3 packs smell bad. We call them they said to bring up the receipt and they will replace the ribs. The wife gets up to SAMs and the manager is waiting in the meat department. The manager then grabs 3 packs of ribs opened them to make sure they were good and then Has the meat department repackage them. then follows my wife to a register at the front of the store. To our surprise the manager gives us the $100 we originally paid and apologizes for the inconvenience. We got 4 packs of ribs for free. Unbelievable customer service.  

Comments

• Terrebandit
    Options
    Nice. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • tamu2009
    Options
    wow. thats impressive. never had that kind of experience there before.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • MelSharples
    Options
    No disrespect intended but is your wife smokin' hot? I only ask because whenever I've had to return something at Sam's I get a look of disdain followed with a heaping helping of apathy.
    LBGE 2015 - Atlanta
  • smoke-n
    Options
    No disrespect intended but is your wife smokin' hot? I only ask because whenever I've had to return something at Sam's I get a look of disdain followed with a heaping helping of apathy.
     Well of course she is. However the manager was a female. Might not of had any effect on the outcome 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That is impressive indeed and I am glad to hear it.  I joined Sam's because they are opening a new one a few miles from me. 

I have been pretty impressed with their products as well.  I got some CAB short ribs and a packer brisket that were both incredible.  The Castlewood baby swiss was excellent at $7 for 1.6 lbs. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Danielson
    Options
    I won't shop either Sam's Club or Walmart because you pay twice for everything, once when you purchase it and second time when you subsidize their workers with Government assistance because of minimum wages they receive.
  • smoke-n
    Options
    Danielson said:
    I won't shop either Sam's Club or Walmart because you pay twice for everything, once when you purchase it and second time when you subsidize their workers with Government assistance because of minimum wages they receive.
     What about fast food restaurants? What about gas stations attendents.  I know a couple people that work at Winn-Dixie and Kroger that make minimum-wage.  Point being some jobs such as these that require little to no skills Often pay minimum-wage. Just a fact of life. If we paid McDonald employees  $15 an hour I doubt any of us could afford a hamburger. 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    smoke-n said:

What about fast food restaurants? What about gas stations attendents.  I know a couple people that work at Winn-Dixie and Kroger that make minimum-wage.  Point being some jobs such as these that require little to no skills Often pay minimum-wage. Just a fact of life. If we paid McDonald employees  $15 an hour I doubt any of us could afford a hamburger. 

Those aren't hamburgers.  Also, you have an egg and you eat that crap?
    NOLA
  • smoke-n
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    smoke-n said:

Those aren't hamburgers.  Also, you have an egg and you eat that crap?
    Just Providing some insight on how the world works for Danielson. I agree. despite what the establishment calls them hamburgers they are not.  I do work 60+ hours a week so smoking my own lunch meat and often even going to the grocery store seems to be an impossible task at times.  So yes I have to result to quick and easy at times. Part of having a job that doesn't pay minimum wage and having a skilled profession that is in high demand will allow me to retire one day without being dependent upon the government. 
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    @MelSharples you didn't think smoke-n married a ugly woman did you??
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • UncleFred
    Options
    Danielson said:
    Gawd, Please tell me that you aren't posting from California...  I have enough problems dealing with people that think we're all liberal crazies out here...

San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Danielson said:
    whatever.   I just got 17# of butts for $32.   I'm sold.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    UncleFred said:  Gawd, Please tell me that you aren't posting from California...  I have enough problems dealing with people that think we're all liberal crazies out here... 

I was sure there had to be at least one person in CA that isn't liberal and crazy.  I've always liked you @UncleFred, so I'm glad that one person is you.

Phoenix 
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options
    Speaking about Sam's, we've had good luck with the choice ribeyes and sirloin steaks they sell. Have been using the FoodSaver to repackage and freeze. Have also enjoyed the boneless chicken breasts and the baby back ribs.
  • Teedoff
    Options
    @4runner I have never gotten a better deal on butts at the Sam's near me. The cheapest I've seen butts there was $1.48lb when the local Kroger had them for $1.19. I've had the same luck with brisket until recently. Usually about 30 cents more per pound than the grocery store. Guess I'm just in a bad distribution area.
    Decatur, AL
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    @teedoff - maybe not better but they are always there, cheap and good.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    4Runner said:
    Danielson said:
    whatever.   I just got 17# of butts for $32.   I'm sold.  
    You need better options, 17# at my local grocery would be about $25-26.  $1.49/lb regular price.

i never shop at Walmart or Sams either, not totally because of how they treat employees, but because I have uniformly found that my local stores are dirty and have terrible customer relations.  I much prefer Target or Costco, even if I have to drive a little further.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Danielson
    Options
    I'd much rather spend a little more for the Customer service, talking to my butcher on what cut I need , what cook I have planned than being limited just to what is on sale in the cooler.
    Only reason Walmart is open 24/7 is people need a place to scream at their kids
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Danielson said:
    I guess that is why they voluntarily raised their minimum wage to $15/hr before all of the push to do so... You are so mis-informed by the mainstream media pandering to union wannabees. 
  • UncleFred
    Options
    Danielson said:
    I'd much rather spend a little more for the Customer service, talking to my butcher on what cut I need , what cook I have planned than being limited just to what is on sale in the cooler.
    Only reason Walmart is open 24/7 is people need a place to scream at their kids

San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • smoke-n
    Options
    onedbguru said:
    I guess that is why they voluntarily raised their minimum wage to $15/hr before all of the push to do so... You are so mis-informed by the mainstream media pandering to union wannabees. 
    http://blog.walmart.com/in-letter-to-associates-walmart-ceo-doug-mcmillon-announces-higher-pay
  • Danielson
    Options
    If you'd actually taken the time to real the entire article you would see that wage is for Manager's, not the working grunts.
  • smoke-n
    Options
    Danielson said:
    If you'd actually taken the time to real the entire article you would see that wage is for Manager's, not the working grunts.
    Thought you would say that. However, all associates will receive $10 per hr  -above the national average.   Fact is Walmart is in business to make money. They are cheaper than other stores most of the time. they have a target profit margin like any other company. I am sure the people that work there knew what they would be making before they agreed to start work. If they dont like it maybe they should go ask your butcher for a job.  Where you pay more for "better " product and you get to annoy your butcher about what you're doing with your meat.  Like he cares what you do with your meat .
  • Danielson
    Options
    Just the response I expected, keep your head buried in the sand and keep believing that you're getting bargains at wally world. If I ever go in there I hope you greet me and get me a cart with straight wheels.
  • smoke-n
    Options
    Danielson said:
    Just the response I expected, keep your head buried in the sand and keep believing that you're getting bargains at wally world. If I ever go in there I hope you greet me and get me a cart with straight wheels.
    This is no longer about bargains. This is about you being an idiot and not having the facts or knowledge to back up the bull sh!t that comes out of your mouth.  Plain and simple you are a bleeding heart liberal who feels that every dumb a$$ in America deserves $15 an hour.  You watch on show about Walmart on 20/20 and think you are a business genius.  Well allow me to be the first to tell you you know nothing except  how to talk sh!t but you aren't smart enough to back it up.  Next time you comment on one of my post you might want to know what you are talking about because I will continue to call you out on your dumb a$$ remarks. 
  • Danielson
    Options
    Spoken from a true **** idiot. Get your facts before you post more ****. You can call out my ass