Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My 4TH Anniversary Tonight - Help!

Options
Tar Heel Smokey Mon
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Four years ago, after spending four days in Tortola, my wife and I were married on Honeymoon Beach in St. John at sunset. Both of us our first marriages at 50 and 49 respectively. In the deal, she got two green EGGS and me a nineteen year-old cocketiel. [p]So tonight, I'm preparing a "special" dinner in commemoration of that event. And afterward, we'll walk down to the Chesapeake Bay and catch the sunset. [p]I'm doing some steaks/lobster tails on the EGG. I've done steaks many time, but I need some advise on the lobster tails. Big and Little Egg are loaded and standing by and the Egg Master has a Sam Adams Summer Ale in hand...[p]Any suggestions appreciated...[p]Tar Heel in Virginia Beach

Comments

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    Tar Heel Smokey Mon,[p]Light touch on the lobster tails.[p]Put tails on cutting board belly-side up. With a large Chef's knife, split tails down the middle, all the way thru the hard carapace (back shell). Fold open like a hinge and place on cutting board meat-side up. Dig out the vein (intestine) and throw away.[p]In a saute pan heat equal amounts of butter and EVOO. Toss in sliced garlic (to taste) remove before the garlic browns. Add chopped green herbs if you have them, dried if you don't (again, to your tastes. I do parsley and cilantro). Take the pan off the heat, swirl the herbs and set aside to let cool.[p]When you are ready to cook the lobster tails (which should be while the cooked steaks are resting) slather the butter/EVOO mixture on the face of the meat, then place the lobster on oiled grill over a moderately hot fire, meat facing down. After a few minutes (this is up to you. I like lobster meat translucent, so I turn the shells after a very short time) turn the shells meat-side up. Slather more butter sauce on the meat. Close the lid and let the lobster cook for another few minutes - watchful that it does not overcook![p]Pull and let rest a minute while you plate your steak and sides.[p]That's how I've done it. Usually guests have mumbled compliments as buttery sauce dripped from their lips.[p]BTW, Happy Anniversary![p]DD
  • Tar Heel Smokey Mon
    Options
    DobieDad,[p]You da man - thanks!