Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Refigerator Pickles OT GJ

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited September 2015 in Off Topic
I regret how cloudy these are. It has been so long that I misread my own recipe and used granulated garlic instead of chopped. I don't think it will affect the flavor but they should be nice and clear. I noted my recipe so I won't make that mistake again. From left to right, white onions, red onions, carrots, sweet peppers, chili peppers, asparagus, and red cabbage times two (The Spouse likes cabbage.) Four to six weeks from now we will see how they taste.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    That reminds me... time to get Sauerkraut going.

Everything looks great!
  • GATraveller
    Options
    I could eat the entire jar of the asparagus.....only to be reminded of it later.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I could eat the entire jar of the asparagus.....only to be reminded of it later.
    It is surprising the things that taste good dill pickled.  I really like sweet pickled cauliflower but have never tried to make it.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    It is surprising the things that taste good dill pickled.  I really like sweet pickled cauliflower but have never tried to make it.

the cauliflower is probably my favorite, especially with pearl onions. might try kale this year, have two giant plants
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GATraveller
    Options

Okra may be my favorite.  Never had cauliflower.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    What a difference a couple hours make.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    First day of biochemistry the professor explains to a lecture hall of 350 that 25% of the population does not smell the asparagus afterward and asked everyone to raise their hand if they knew what he was talking about - abiut 75% raised their hands.

That's about all I remember from that class.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    I've always been amazed at how quickly it resurfaces. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA