Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large BGE on Garage Monkey.

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
OK...I admit I watch that show out of TX. In fact I'll even admit I watch reruns!!! Tonight's rerun included several shots and a mini-theme cooking a brisket on a large egg in a nest with a chain to secure it. I know I watched that espisode another time but never saw all those shots! At the same time I don't recall anyone ever mentioning that here before. I wonder if those were out-takes reinserted. Anybody care to confirm what I know I saw tonight?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited September 2015
    Options
    For a split second you can see a large BGE being stored in the shop against a wall during the Dale Jr Nomad episode 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I saw the same episode yesterday @RRP , what's even worse is it shows him squirting lighter fluid into the egg to get a "really kick ass flame". 
    I enjoyed seeing the Egg on the show, but did a face palm when I saw the lighter fluid in action.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• News2u
    News2u Posts: 335
    Options
    My God, the lighter fluid incident should be reported to the authorities. Will definitely look for the rerun with much anticipation.
    Beef...It's what's for dinner tonight.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    That guy is a complete moron. 

Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    I enjoy the show.

I always wonder why these "car guys" always wear so much jewelery on their wrists and hands and all the chains on their hips.  Even the guy from Counting Cars does.

I cringe every time I see them go near a nice car with their chains swinging around and they grab hoods and doors with thei be-jewelled hands.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Someone needs to tell Richard Rawlings that 1985 called and they want their clothes back.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.