Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mold

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have mold in my egg and I am wondering how to 1st fix this, and then prevent it in the future. I use my egg a lot, but there are spells when it might go idle for a month. I put the ceramic cover on and close the door, but I do not have a cover. Any input would be helpful.

Comments

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Seth Howard,
    Get the temperature up to arounf 400 or more and burn it out.

• Seth Howard,[p] I've had mold in my small BGE quite a bit in the past (but never the large for some reason. Now I make sure to do a short high temperature run after cooking something to burn off any potential mold food. It also never hurts to let it air out a bit after a heavy rain. I have a cover for my small, but I got mold in there anyway. I think it helps in the rain, I think it traps moisture in there afterward. Trick is to minimize the food and moisture the mold needs to live.[p]MikeO