Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This is why I bought an XL

Options

More to follow

XLBGE 

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    Options

XLBGE 
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    @finebaum. A true southerner...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @SGH it's on now man!

XLBGE 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Bring it on brother. Standing by for the finale. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    I was going back an forth deciding between the large and XL. I went with the XL. Great choice especially when you smoke a 15 LB Packer.
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I've never doubted buying my XL. The extra real estate on the grate is always nice to have. 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    +1 on the XL.  You're two weiners short  =)
    canuckland
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    I like the TV outside

@paqman thanks man. It's a lot of fun. I'm working on some better set up but it's great with football and grilling!

@SGH that's the last shot before it all got devoured!! I had about 15 +kids waiting to dig in when it came off the grill. Burgers were great if I do say so myself. Was just 80/20 chuck but then mixed in 2 lbs of bacon deer burger. I might have had two and 3 hot dogs. 

Total success. Had a few couples in our neighborhood over. I did the meat and they brought sides and dessert. Then let the kids play in the pools, set up some blow up stuff, and the men gathered round the TV while the women talked inside. Huge brownie points for watching the kids. That's how you get to do these kind of things more often!  

And guys, if your in the fence get the XL. Bigger is better in this case for sure. 

XLBGE 
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    +1 on XL

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Options
    Why the raised grid, if you don't mind my asking?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGH that's the last shot before it all got devoured!! 

And guys, if your in the fence get the XL. Bigger is better in this case for sure. 
    First, I like hearing that the food got devoured. This is as it should be. Next, as to the XL, I have to agree. I myself own a large, but I always recommend that folks buy the biggest that they can afford. If the egg was my only rig I would have went with the XL myself. However I have several big units standing by at the ready so capacity was not a issue for me. The large is a great rig and has served me well. But again, if I didn't have the big units, I would have went with the XL myself. The grub looks wonderful my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @mosca

theres some one things you definitely want raised for, like a direct spatchcock. But I just wanted to get the meat off the flame a little. We were having a lot of people over and I wanted to have some room to talk and cook while helping people get anything they need. 

Long story short: just to move the food a little bit away from the flame. 

XLBGE 
  • rmercier
    Options
    I wanted an XL, but realistically I don't need one....but as they say, you don't miss something until you realize you need it

LBGE in Northern VA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I, as @SGH only have a large but have just acquired another large and just have to go pick it up.  Can't wait for more grid space.

Great looking cook!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    I, as @SGH only have a large but have just acquired another large and just have to go pick it up.  Can't wait for more grid space.

Great looking cook!!!
    congrats on your new large!
    canuckland
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    @SGH - What about the rusty old Weber kettle?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    MCN - Nice job!
    Flint, Michigan
  • GATraveller
    Options

Great looking cook!!!
    congrats on your new large!
    Thanks!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA