Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Drip pans

HermHerm Posts: 206
edited 8:03AM in EggHead Forum
Is there a perfect drip pan for the large BGE? There seems to be so many different shapes and sizes at the store. Do you guys have any preferences?

Comments

• tach18ktach18k Posts: 1,607
    Herm,
    I like using a alum pizza pan for when using the platesetter. It fits right between the legs when inverted

• Herm,
    i usually just take heavy duty aluminum foil... fold it in half to double it, and fold up the edges to make a drip pan that fits perfectly under whatever i'm cookng. ...then when i'm done i just throw the whole mess away. . ..

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 18,446
    Herm,
    i use a 13.5 inch paella pan with a foil wrap for easier cleanup. the pan is useful for lots of things in the egg. i dont use a platesetter, and im guessing it wouldnt fit with one.

• badbrucebadbruce Posts: 353
    Morning Herm,
    I have used a 2 inch deep X 16 inch round aluminum cake pan as a drip pan & for indirect grilling, it works well.
    But it's actually more trouble than it's worth.
    On small pieces of meat I generally use a disposal aluminum pan.
    Cheers,
    bruce

• Chef ArnoldiChef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    Go to your local restaurant supply store & buy the deep pizza tray made from aluminum - works great & cheap - about $5
  • Herm,[p]I use 9x12 disposable foil pans that I buy at Sams for around $7.50 for a 20 or 25 pack. They're not round, so they don't provide maximum area over a drip pan, but I hate cleanup and they are disposable. You can scrape the ashes into the used pan (next day) and throw it all away.
  • jwirlwindjwirlwind Posts: 319
    Herm,
    The best drip pan for the Egg is foil, shaped like you want it and disposable. [p]Chef Jerry

• HermHerm Posts: 206
    Jwirlwind,[p]Sounds easy enough.
    Thanks everyone!

• CJCJ Posts: 50
    Herm,
    I did a spatchcock chicken the other day and used a standard oven broiler pan. It gave me a 'drip pan', and also a gap for doing an indirect. Spray with Pam, then put it in the dishwasher after done.