Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheesesteaks and Corn-Green Chile Casserole

Chuck
Chuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There have been a couple of requests for recipes for the cheesesteaks and corn- green chile casserole that I made at Eggfest. Here they are...enjoy.[p]Philly Cheesesteaks[p]I made pretty big batches so the quantities will be based on how much you want to make. On the Egg a cast iron skillet works great at about 325.[p]4 - lbs chip steak (my butcher shaves down top round for me)
2 - large sweet onions, thinly sliced
12- oz mushrooms, sliced
1/2 lb american cheese
rolls (if you can't get a real Philly steak roll use club rolls)
Dizzy Pig Cowlick Steak Rub
olive oil
butter[p]Saute onions in olive oil, remove from pan. Saute mushrooms in butter, remove from pan. Melt some more butter and the steak to the pan. Grill the steak until browned tearing it apart with two spatulas. Season with the Cowlick to taste. Add the onions and mushrooms back in and mix well. Cover the meat mixture with the american cheese, when melted use a spatula to put it in the roll. WooDoggies posted a pictorial at the link.[p][p]Corn-Green Chile Casserole[p]5 ears of corn, steamed and cut from cob (2-1/2 to 3 cups)
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapenos
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 egg, beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste[p]Mix all the ingredients together and put into a buttered 8 X 8 baking dish. I use disposable aluminum ones and spray with Pam. Heat Egg to 400. Add a cooking grid on the legs of an inverted plate setter and stabilize at 400 again. Cook about 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and a knife pulls out clean from the center.
[p][p]

[ul][li]Cheesesteaks[/ul]

Comments