Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drip pans

Options
Herm
Herm Posts: 206
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there a perfect drip pan for the large BGE? There seems to be so many different shapes and sizes at the store. Do you guys have any preferences?

Comments

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Herm,
    I like using a alum pizza pan for when using the platesetter. It fits right between the legs when inverted

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Herm,
    i usually just take heavy duty aluminum foil... fold it in half to double it, and fold up the edges to make a drip pan that fits perfectly under whatever i'm cookng. ...then when i'm done i just throw the whole mess away. . ..

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    Herm,
    i use a 13.5 inch paella pan with a foil wrap for easier cleanup. the pan is useful for lots of things in the egg. i dont use a platesetter, and im guessing it wouldnt fit with one.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Morning Herm,
    I have used a 2 inch deep X 16 inch round aluminum cake pan as a drip pan & for indirect grilling, it works well.
    But it's actually more trouble than it's worth.
    On small pieces of meat I generally use a disposal aluminum pan.
    Cheers,
    bruce

• Chef Arnoldi
    Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    Options
    Go to your local restaurant supply store & buy the deep pizza tray made from aluminum - works great & cheap - about $5
  • Unknown
    Options
    Herm,[p]I use 9x12 disposable foil pans that I buy at Sams for around $7.50 for a 20 or 25 pack. They're not round, so they don't provide maximum area over a drip pan, but I hate cleanup and they are disposable. You can scrape the ashes into the used pan (next day) and throw it all away.
  • jwirlwind
    jwirlwind Posts: 319
    Options
    Herm,
    The best drip pan for the Egg is foil, shaped like you want it and disposable. [p]Chef Jerry

• Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    Jwirlwind,[p]Sounds easy enough.
    Thanks everyone!

• CJ
    CJ Posts: 50
    Options
    Herm,
    I did a spatchcock chicken the other day and used a standard oven broiler pan. It gave me a 'drip pan', and also a gap for doing an indirect. Spray with Pam, then put it in the dishwasher after done.