Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Want to go get breakfast but pretty sure I'm gonna have to settle for lunch
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    @lit that is why Cracker Barrel is genius.  Breakfast 24/7.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Ignoring these two beggers while cutting up a smoked turkey breast.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Achievement unlocked. That's the last of the old. Now base boards, paint, cabinets....,

Had a little help behind the fridge. 
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    SGH said:
    I'm confused, there appears to be lump missing? 
    You are correct my friend. For "grilling" I do not waste lump. I prefer charcoal briquettes for its much more even temps and controllability. There is a great debate going on right now on another thread about why you can not use briquettes in a egg, yet I have been doing it successfully since the day I purchased my egg. In my mini, I use only Kingsford blue bag briquettes. I never use lump in the mini now. 
    I will have to give it a try in my mini. Maybe it will come to temp a little faster. Thanks for the insight. How do you normal start the briquettes in the mini? 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Making great progress Jason!  Dogs always want to "help" when possible!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    The Prince of Darkness
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Roadpuke0 said:
    I will have to give it a try in my mini. Maybe it will come to temp a little faster. Thanks for the insight. How do you normal start the briquettes in the mini? 
    I will say this my friend, lump responds much faster to vent adjustments than briquettes. This is especially true when throttling the temp up. However for grilling, I start my briquettes in a Weber chimney starter. They are glowing red and ready to go when I dump them in the mini.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Finishing the weekend with a bit of Basil Hayden. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I made and installed a couple benches and a small desk for my neighbor friends kitchen renovation.   They are our Brisket Camp lawyers so this will go a long way to protect us from mayhem.  
    Options

Options
    Just got home from seeing The Crüe and Alice Cooper. Phenomenal show! 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    Outstanding work @nolaeggheadbeautiful.
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    That's some nice looking work there @nolaegghead !
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    SGH said:
    Roadpuke0 said:
    I will say this my friend, lump responds much faster to vent adjustments than briquettes. This is especially true when throttling the temp up. However for grilling, I start my briquettes in a Weber chimney starter. They are glowing red and ready to go when I dump them in the mini.
    Gave it a try tonight. Work just fine if you ask me. The flavor was fine and sear was great. I now see why you do not waste the lump. I would think most people would not know the difference. The lamb chops were great. Thank you for the top brother! 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Wishing I was with @Roadpuke0 instead of watchIng the Braves continue to suck after a night of flooring duty. 
  • Randall_Lee
    Options

Nice work and damn nice wood, building a bar for my outdoor cook shed out of a piece of 2 1/4" X 20" heart cut cypress but it doesn't have the live edge. Great work. 
    Niceville, Fl
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Roadpuke0 said:
    Gave it a try tonight. Work just fine if you ask me. The flavor was fine and sear was great. I now see why you do not waste the lump. I would think most people would not know the difference. The lamb chops were great. Thank you for the top brother! 
    My pleasure sir. Glad that you gave it a try and liked it. At the right times, you can catch Kingsford briquettes on sale at Walmart, Lowes and Home Depot for $9.99 for 40 pounds. I stock up when I find it. Kind of hard to pass up just because it makes more ash. As far as grilling, I honestly have always preferred  briquettes over lump. It's much more controllable and even heating. With lump you either have a inferno or hot spots. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    Labor day, Memorial day, and 4th of July are the three main sales for KBB.  @SGH is correct, it will be $9.99 for 40lbs.  They have special two packs of 20lb bags.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Neighbors a few houses down are moving to Vegas. Tonight on the way home from dropping my big guy off at baseball practice I see they have an old fryer sitting out for the trash. They said if I want it, it's mine, but it needs cleaned and has a slight leak. They just put a drip pan under when they used it.

I've been wanting a fryer, just brought it home

I'll break it down and clean everything up and see about getting the leak sealed. Should be a fun project and can't want to have a dedicated fryer.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @DMW - that's a score!  PS - clean your garage (like I should be talking).
    Options
    whoa, now that is a fryer.  nice score.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Ha! I was happy to see other peoples garage are not pin neat. 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Ha! I was happy to see other peoples garage are not pin neat. 
    Still pretty dang clean!  Mine looks like it puked on itself... I'm embarrassed now.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    One of these days, I will finish this wedding photo edit.  Fearful the bride will start getting all bridezilla on me.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    I'm still battling the *$&%^! paper wasps who INSIST on building a nest in the rear-view mirror, driver's side, of my Tacoma.  I've driven away, rotated the electric mirror all directions to crush them/the nest, set different traps nearby, sprayed wasp spray onto cardboard and slid in behind the mirror, added a cotton ball to the cardboard to soak up a bunch of wasp spray, now tonight I'm swatting them with my $3 Harbour Freight electric insect-killing badminton racquet (which makes a very satisfying SNAP and spark when I finally connect).  
    WHY can't these little f*ckers just go build their nest over there in the rocks, or something?!?!  This is the 3rd nest behind the mirror this summer!  Gah!!!

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @tarheelmatt my actual garage not so bad.  The basement drive in is absolute chaos
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    @tarheelmatt my actual garage not so bad.  The basement drive in is absolute chaos
    I started working on mine Monday.  Bought some some 1"x4"x8' s to get items off the floor.  I simply have too much junk!  One day, hopefully. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Botch said:
    I'm still battling the *$&%^! paper wasps
    @Botch ... how about tenting the mirror like they do with houses?  Put the soaked cotton ball in place; cover the mirror with a clear plastic bag; tape the bag in place to force them to breath the spray.  Could use a Freon tank to gas them also.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max