Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Houston Texas Dealer

My buddy is in the market for a large egg, plate setter, and nest. He's called a few dealers, but they're quoting him way higher prices than I paid up here in Michigan. Anyone know know the lay of the land down there?

Comments

• I would suggest he visit one or all dealers and find one that he feels comfortable dealing with now and in the future. Saving a couple of bucks and dealing with a bad dealer isn't the best practice. I suggest supporting a local dealer in an effort to keep the dealer that is convenient in business as much as one can. JMO

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• dcc
    dcc Posts: 90
    I have bought eggs from Bering Hardware in Central Houston, Woodlands Ace Hardware on the north side and ChimChimney in League City on the south side.  All were easy to work with.  They all had the same prices.  Pick one close to his house.
    Houston (Clear Lake) TX
    2 LBGE, 1 Mini-Max

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

I bought 2 of my eggs at Bering's Hardware. Sign up for their email newsletter and keep an eye out for their sales. They run a 15% or 20% off sale every other month or so, which includes eggs and eggcessories. You can print a coupon for each item that you want the discount for.

I bought my large for $700 (LBGE only) during an Xmas sale. Bought the mini with a 20% off coupon some time later. Great people to do business with. Farrell in the outdoor/grill dept is a real nice guy. My warranty claim for a large base was handled pretty smoothly earlier this year.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • +1 for Berings. I think they are having their anniversary sale right now and they offer 25% off accessories when you buy an Egg. You have to go into the store to talk to one of the guys on the floor - you can get a better deal directly from the sales man if you ask nicely
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    On the South side. Very nice store with great service after the sale...

Chim-Chimneys, Inc.
    830 West Main Street (FM 518)
    League City, TX 77573
    Phone: 281-316-9077
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Berings is the place I purchased mine, that is the place I would recommend as well.
  • Bought my XL at Ferguson on 2920, north of Houston. If he's not in a rush have him give them a call around easter time, they usually have great deals around then. Easter... eggs... get it? They had a Large on sale then with a platesetter, nest, mates, charcoal and all kinds of other crap like tongs and a spatula and wood chips. If I remember correctly, it was a really good deal.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby