Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Freeze/Marinade Results

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The other day we were talking about marinating meat, then freezing it.
Last night we tried the bulgoki that I had marinated and frozen a week ago. It was excellent. I am going to try my frozen Vietnature country ribs tomorrow. Or better yet, today![p]As far as I can tell, marinating, then freezing is a great way to go.
Sure saves a lot of time.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Ed G.
    Ed G. Posts: 24
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Do ya think this will work for a dry rub as well?
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Ed G.,
    Probably. We talked about that the other day, and I am not sure if anyone does it, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. And it could very well be better than fresh. Let us know if you try it. That would be a great idea if, say, you picked up several butts on sale. Rub em all down, and wrap em tight and freeze em.[p]Thaw it out later, and slap it on.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Ed G.,[p]I've got a 6 pound Boston Butt in the freezer now, will be the guestof honor at this weekends barbecue. Doing it low and slow on Saturday night and Sunday. I've had it rubbed with JJ's rub for about 3 weeks, I'll post the results and share with everyone.[p]FWIW, for years I've been freezing marinade on steaks, chops, really anything that I'd usually maridnade anyway and have had awesome results. This thread went through a few weeks ago and I was intrigued by the idea of a rub frozen onto the meat. So, I tried it also, we'll see what happens. With low and slow I'm not sure I'll taste a BIG difference as the rub has a good long time to work into the meat during cooking. However, on quick sear steaks etc, the frozen marinade really has a chance to do its thing and, to me, it makes a big differece. I can taste the difference between those cuts that I've marinated overnight and those that I've frozen the marinade on. Your results may vary but I'm sold on the practice of freezing marinades.[p]Troy