Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF Burgers w/ Hatch Chiles n Cheddar & Homemade Sourdough

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
Roasted a few pounds of Hatch Chiles, made Burgers using frozen SRF patties.  Super tasty burgers, but WOW the amount of fat dripping as they cooked created some serious smoke!   

Also, still playing around with SourDough, and made a few killer loafs this weekend.  This loaf was Parmesan Black Pepper.  Used 24 month aged parm - some chunks & some shaved in.  Best bread yet! Following a book called Josey Baker Bread (owner of the THE MILL in san.fran) and loving the recipes.  I have been making 2 loafs of everything, and always give one away while it is still hot . . super satisfying.

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Life is not fair. I do not live close enough to you
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • yogi84
    yogi84 Posts: 189
    Options
    Looks good we call that a Green Chile cheese burger in New Mexico...!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Can't decide which I want more, both look great.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    yogi84 said:
    Looks good we call that a Green Chile cheese burger in New Mexico...!
    You guys are so original out there.....(JKOC). Thanks to your Hatch Valley brothers for all the joy you bring us with your chiles. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    Looks good, just roasted some Hatch chilis myself.  Plan on making one of these.
  • NDG
    Options
    Thanks you all.  My Hatch this yr are very mild compared to last year.  Perfect for my Wife, but I miss the heat!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Looks great. 
  • EggDan
    EggDan Posts: 174
    Options
    That bread....wow is all I have to say. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    @NDG, it looks like you don't even brown one side of your patties, is that true??  That may be tasty, but I've never seen it before.
    'Nuther dumb question:  "SRF" is....?  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• NDG
    Options
    Yea had a flat cast iron skillet (below the foil you see) ready for finishing  sear - but ended up only searing one side as these kobe burgers had tons of fat and smoked out my whole backyard! So what u see is non sear side - not on purpose.   :s  SRF is snake river farms - good quality meats.
    Columbus, OH

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Dang!  I'd be all over that.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • llrickman
    Options
    I really really need to get off my butt and get to Corrales and get me a new batch of Hatch almost out from last years 

I see all the post with Hatch chile and driving around Albuquerque every day smelling them roasting is making me want to put it on everything 
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    That bread....
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That's some awesome bread right there. Bravo. I don't know about you, but I find baking bread to be very satisfying. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Spectacular! You win!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • NDG
    Options
    Thanks Guys!  surprised to see this thread on page one again, but @sciaggie  I agree 100% . . . its beyond the amazing smell in the house . . . something extremely soothing about the entire process of baking bread.  Do you use a sourdough culture?  Also really enjoy gifting a full loaf of warm bread . . 
    Columbus, OH

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @NDG I made sourdough for a while a few years back, then got away from baking bread. I'm baking again now and want to start doing sourdough again. As you know, it's easy if you use the starter regularly and keep it healthy. Your post may have pushed me over the edge. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon