Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What's the thing with forks?

Options
I don't want to be an ill mannered boor - so tell me why forks in a photo are such a no no. That seems generate comments. This is a genuine question by the way.
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @SciAggie- this is a genuine answer...there is one forum participant who has a big aversion to a forkin' picture.  I believe it is @Buckeye... Granted I do not recall him addressing the issue but do not let such concerns interfere with any pics you desire to take.  Have fun and when in doubt "fork it".
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @lousub Gotcha - thanks
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Yes someone has issue with it. Especially if it's been in your mouth. And maybe bite pictures also. Maybe it's a sanitary thing. I out a giant serving fork in a pic once just poke fun. It is kinda gross. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • BuckeyeFork
    Options
    Pay no mind to the fork aversion, it is just one man's weakness oozing out at the seams.

Forks should be as common as plates, unless posting ribs or pizza.  Because who the fork eats those with a utensil.

Sporks are strictly off-limits.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    It's turned into a running joke. Post a whole army of dirty forks if you wish. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    What's the ruling on chopsticks? 
  • BuckeyeFork
    Options
    I have no problem with the little guys, I like twins  ;)
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    I think someone posted a pitchfork once as well - was that you @theyolksonyou ?
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    Yep, I think you're right.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I thought the fork aversion person was a female, but maybe that is just the male chauvinist pig prejudicial assumption I made.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The post that started it all... 
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1622408/#Comment_1622408

And Tarheelmatt's actual FORK! :rofl: 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    I believe he has since clarified that a clean fork is OK, but dirty forks are no-no
    Lots of rules around here: take lots of pictures.  but not of forks.  save political threads for friday nights so we can enjoy them with our weekends :)
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    What's the ruling on chopsticks? 
    Chopsticks rule. Just say'n.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    blind99 said:
    I believe he has since clarified that a clean fork is OK, but dirty forks are no-no
    Lots of rules around here: take lots of pictures.  but not of forks.  save political threads for friday nights so we can enjoy them with our weekends :)
    I prefer no forks but fork you must, keep it clean! 

No one wants a high def pic of your dirty forks!

If in doubt?

NO FORKS! 

B) 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    blind99 said:
    I prefer no forks but fork you must, keep it clean! 

No one wants a high def pic of your dirty forks!

If in doubt?

NO FORKS! 

B) 
    I beg to differ, please show me your dirty forks.
    I want to see meat juices/gravy/ bbq sauce etc on them prongs.
    Heck even a bit of saliva won't bother me.

And if you have an electron microscope, feel free to zoom in on those delicious microbes. :grin: 
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Compared to what I usually deal with, dirty forks are like roses.

If you really want to stir the pot, try digging in to the mangrates or t-shirts issue. Your thread will stay at the top for DAYS :smiley:

(its all in jest. most folks here are relatively thick-skinned. Those who aren't, are probably cooking on gassers).

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    caliking said:

If you really want to stir the pot, try digging in to the mangrates or t-shirts issue. Your thread will stay at the top for DAYS :smiley:

(its all in jest. most folks here are relatively thick-skinned. Those who aren't, are probably cooking on gassers).

@caliking - So are you saying your Mangrate T-Shirts are ready for pre-order?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Somebody has a thing against forks?  How did I miss that?  There is a knife and fork in almost all my cook pics.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,044
    Options
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    caliking said:

Brown starfish, anyone?
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Where do you find these things, @Ozzie_Isaac ?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,044
    Options
    Where do you find these things, @Ozzie_Isaac ?
    Oh the things I have seen in search of the perfect image.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS