Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flat Iron Steak

Photo Egg
Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
edited August 2015 in EggHead Forum
Large flat iron today. About 2 1/4 pounds.
Put in  zip loc bag with our favorite teriyaki for about 90 minutes and let rest on the counter. 
Roasted raised direct. Yummmyyy.

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Nice Darian!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Try making your own teriyaki next time to see if you like it better than bottled. 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 Tbs EVOO, 2 smashed garlic cloves, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper. It's really good.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Photo Egg
    @LittleSteven, thank you
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    billyray said:
    Try making your own teriyaki next time to see if you like it better than bottled. 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 Tbs EVOO, 2 smashed garlic cloves, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper. It's really good.
    Lazy comes to mind.lol
    This stuff is so good right out of the bottle I hate to even waste time trying to top it.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • TCT
    TCT Posts: 168
    Looks awesome!! Great stuff!!

Craig

Cockeysville, MD

LBGE and a large list of stuff I want

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Mighty fine looking steak brother. And for the record and clarification, flat iron is one of my very favorites. Great job :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• LadyGT
    LadyGT Posts: 109
    Does this cut of meat need to be marinaded?
  • Yum, I have bag of stir fry veggies in the freezer that would go great with that!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Great cook and flat irons are right there in the beef world.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Photo Egg
    LadyGT said:
    Does this cut of meat need to be marinaded?
    No, its great cooked just like your fav steak...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • LadyGT
    LadyGT Posts: 109
    I always thought this cut was a tough cut and had to be marinaded to tenderize it. This is a new cut for me to buy. Just had cooked 2 yesterday that was marinaded for 24 hours. It was great! 

• Photo Egg
    LadyGT said:
    I always thought this cut was a tough cut and had to be marinaded to tenderize it. This is a new cut for me to buy. Just had cooked 2 yesterday that was marinaded for 24 hours. It was great! 

Flat Iron is one of our favorite cuts. Nice bold , beeffy taste. It can have a slight liver taste similar to hanger steak but always very tender and lean. We normally do not marinade and if we do it's only a short time as the grill is coming up to temp. It's not a tough cut like flank or skirt steak. We normally cook hot and fast to medium rare at most but it will handle medium.
    Have a great week...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas