Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cleaning platesetter and pizza stone

Used the clean cycle in my wall oven today and it's now nice and clean.  Heated up to 500-degrees for an hour then blasted it and pizza stone for regular cycle.  Not totally like new but will do it every time I use the self clean function in my oven.
BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

Comments

• jimithing
    jimithing Posts: 254
    Why not just do this on your egg?  Keep the smells and heat outside.
    XL BGE
    Plano, TX
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    yes that method will work, but actually you can do the same thing in your egg itself plus you can achieve higher temperatures in your egg than in your oven. Here's a suggestion for the future. Cover your PS with HD foil when you are egging greasy, sloppy food. Last time I cleaned my PS was 12 or 13 years ago and have never cleaned my stone in 15 years!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Good idea. Some say that clean burns crack eggs. I don't know it that's what did it, but I have done a few and my egg base is cracked. My oven, however, is not. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 496
    In order to avoid cracks, the platesetter should be heated for an hour at 500 degrees and not put into a hot oven.  It heats up along with the oven. 
    BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    eggnewtoy said:
    In order to avoid cracks, the platesetter should be heated for an hour at 500 degrees and not put into a hot oven.  It heats up along with the oven. 
    He said cracking the egg, not the PS.