Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Extremely OT Anyone playing the new Madden game and is it worth a upgrade from last year?

Options
Just curious, I got a long weekend this week and typically this is when I will buy a game or buy a brisket...
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• hoofaloos
    hoofaloos Posts: 242
    Options
    Luckily, the brisket will afford you time to play. Don't have last years but this one has been great the last 2 days
    XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    You talking about this Madden? 

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    @Scottborasjr

I play madden online (PS4). It usually is great with changes every year. I havent had time to stop by BB and pick up 16 yet. I definitely will. I have been playing online for the last 8-9 years. 

What platform are you playing on? 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I have it but I have skipped the last couple of years so I can't really compare it.  So far, I think it's pretty good.  I like the draft kings mode.
    NOLA
  • chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    Options
    I decided to splurge on Sunday Ticket this year--probably bumped Madden from my budget, ha.
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    it's good......the biggest change is that receivers now have three different ways to catch the ball, aggressive, RAC run after catch, and possession type reception....each come with different pros and cons.

at the same time the defender can now choose to play conservative pretty guaranteeing a tackle or you can become a ball hawker and play the pass more aggressively.

the qb accuracy seems to be much more sensitive on long balls.

graphics are pretty much the same as they have been in the last couple of years.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm on PS4 as well. Thinking I might grab it to kill some time. @chrisc133 I used to get Sunday ticket but haven't found a good place to put a dish at my new house so rolling with cable at the moment. Love Sunday ticket.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @DoubleEgger that's hilarious and will be my new phone screen. Thank you  =)
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Madden 16 is a good upgrade .  The added control to the passing game adds a really interesting dynamic if you're skilled enough to use it
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • buzd504
    Options
    I'm on PS4 as well. Thinking I might grab it to kill some time. @chrisc133 I used to get Sunday ticket but haven't found a good place to put a dish at my new house so rolling with cable at the moment. Love Sunday ticket.
    I'm pretty sure you can order Sunday Ticket streaming without a dish this year.
    NOLA
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    @DoubleEgger that's hilarious and will be my new phone screen. Thank you  =)
    The deflated kidney bean looking football is the icing on the cake!
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    I'm pretty sure you can order Sunday Ticket streaming without a dish this year.
    Not on game day. The steaming service is the day after. No thanks! 
  • buzd504
    edited August 2015
    Options

I don't think that's correct.  Try here:

https://nflst.directv.com/

NOLA
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    buzd504 said:

I don't think that's correct.  Try here:

https://nflst.directv.com/

This must be different than those day after commercials on TV. 

That's some sweet action. I'm closer to pulling the plug now. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I have it for XB1.  I grew up playing on PS, so it feels like home.  Problem is, I bought it for PS4 last year, but most of my friends are on XB.  Was boring.  In the old days, everyone would just come over and play.  Loved them Madden tournaments.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....