Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who Would Buy A Small Kick Ash Basket If Available?

Options
2»

Comments

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Just put in my order! Thanks for the head's up guys.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • db33511
    db33511 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've one in my MM.  Same size?
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I know I'm not the only one here who also owns a Kamado Joe Jr.

The KAB for the Jr. is supposedly going to be released by the end of the summer and am looking forward to getting one myself.
    +1  I already have one for my lg bge and I am supposedly on the Email list to receive notification when the new one for the KJ Jr is ready.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• minniemoh
    Options
    db33511 said:
    I've one in my MM.  Same size?
    No. The fire boxes are very different. The MM has the same size fire grate as a L BGE. The S BGE has a 5.5 inch. 
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Will it fit a Kamado joe Junior?  If so, I'm in. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 496
    Options
    Love mine.  great investment.  All for supporting the effort.  
    BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Only question I have is will the handles get in the way of my woo?

Little Rock, AR

• minniemoh
    Options
    I have a Woo and KAB in my L and M and I don't have any interference issues. The combo is really convenient and works great for me. Can't wait for the small KAB. I already got a shipping notification. 
    eggAddict from MN!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    It looks like the handles are below the top of the fire ring so I don't think it should be a problem.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Man, when this first dropped I was all in.  Having second thoughts after realizing I'm not sure of the benefits.  

When camping and transporting, I take the innards out, and clean at that time before or after, or both. To me, it's not that big of a deal doing this on the small.  At home, I use an ash tool through the vent. 

For cooks over the camping weekend, most times I don't even have to tear it down to clean.  Stir used lump, dump, light.  Repeat.

When I return home and tear the egg apart, I clean out the ashes with a scoop made out of the top half of a bleach container.  Lift the firebox with high que and lump all together putting my fingers in the air holes to remove.   

Even for my larges, I scoop the ashes into a can with the ash tool.  And reach around the outer perimeter of the fire box as far as I can go on each end, scraping the ash towards the vent.  I maybe remove the innards twice a year.

Not bashing the product, and not ruling it out completely.....just not completely sure it would have much to offer, in my setting.    
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• minniemoh
    Options
    To me, the best function of the KAB is no longer stirring the lump and having the charcoal grate slide and dump lump into the ash collection area. 
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Have had no problems with the high ques falling out, using leather gloves to gently stir with both the large and small.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DJ_IA
    DJ_IA Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a KAB that was used once in my Mini Max.  Sold Max still have the KAB if anyone's interested in buying it shoot me a pm.
  • DJ_IA
    DJ_IA Posts: 10
    Options
    MiniMax KAB sold to sancho65.  Thanks