Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Jalapenos that are GREAT on Mr. Egg

Options
Seattle Todd
Seattle Todd Posts: 227
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First off hi to all in Eggland![p]Been working so much that I've had little time to cook much less check the board. Got a break in the action when some friends that me and the fiancee don't get to see enough stopped by for dinner last night and adapted this recipe from the standard stuffed jalapenos:[p]Goat-cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped jalapenos:[p]Bunch o' fresh japapenos
Bunch o' goat cheese
Bacon (thin might be more to some folks tastes than the thick slices)[p]Simply halve the jalapenos, seed and de-gut them, stuff them with the goat cheese, wrap with half slice to a full slice of bacon depending on the jalapeno size so that the goat cheese is covered in a way so it doesn't run out and grill.[p]I used a fish tray with the holes but a grill-topper wok would work as would skewers.[p]Grill 'em at about 350 for a brief time turning once as the bacon browns to your liking. Warning, though, that they go from done to "more than done" pretty quickly much like unshucked corn on the cob on the egg. Probably took about 10 minutes for me.[p]Doing the first Thanksgiving in my house ever this year so I'll be back on with more regularity.[p]Glad everyone had fun at Eggfest I simply must make it down one year. =)[p]Todd

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Seattle Todd, Have you ever tried reassembling them and then wrapping them in bacon? JCA

• J Appledog,
    You can also use cube cheese, one cube in half of jaiapenos wrap with bacon and secure with a tooth pick. I have never grill allways smoke until bacon got chrisp, if you like to tone down the heat soak the clean halfs in crush ice and water for about 4 hr.

• Seattle Todd
    Options
    J Appledog,[p]Never have but it's a great idea! Going to have to try that with the double-skewer method with the peppers running perpendicular to the two skewers. Be a breeze to flip 'em as well.
  • Mike Oelrich
    Options
    Seattle Todd,[p] Sounds great. I have a recipe for baked chile rellenos (very useful when lots of folks come over since I just can't fry enough of them fast enough). Looks like I need to adapt that one to BGE cooking, too![p]MikeO
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Ronald, last night I stole three peppers from my neighbor's garden (actually he said I could have them) and tried this recipe with nothing more than cream cheese. It was very ugly (I wish I had read about securing with the toothpick first) but delicious. I'll do it again (perhaps several times) before serving to guests but I will serve it. Very simple, very delicious.