Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Burnt Ends and some helpers....lots o PICs

Options
Bought a nice boneless butt,  cut in half, seasoned with Bryons on all sides
On at 250 Deg  first hour and first helper 

Second hour and another helper showed up

Third hour and yep another helping hand

fourth hour and the another helper,

Well, the meat is at the correct temp (180-185) ( I'm at the right temp tooooooo)
sliced and added sause (not too much just enough to let the pork shine through)
and back on until 190-200

Burnt Ends are done and I'll say they are about the best QUE I've made in a while.......

Very moist, tender and tasty,  It was the hit of the party.  
Ah, yes there were a couple more helpers but taking photos at the party wasn't a good idea.

NEPA, Med egg,

Comments

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    Nice cool and nice beverage selection.   
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    So that was a 4 beer butt? Looks great. These are on my Egg list. Did you inject any with butter? @SGH says it takes it to the next level.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Nice beer selections, love that Vanilla Porter. 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    Options
    Looks great!! Wanting to do this cook for a few weeks but haven't had the chance. Tried to do it a few weeks ago with country pork ribs but failed in the tenderness and texture dept. Chose the wrong kind so going to take another run at it with the butt instead.
  • flyer_egger
    flyer_egger Posts: 128
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hotch said:
    So that was a 4 beer butt? Looks great. These are on my Egg list. Did you inject any with butter? @SGH says it takes it to the next level.
    No injection this time, the meat had a lot of internal fat that kept it very moist
    NEPA, Med egg,
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Where oh where are you getting those beeers. Food looks Great!
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• flyer_egger
    flyer_egger Posts: 128
    Options
    grege345 said:
    Where oh where are you getting those beeers. Food looks Great!
    Sabitini's bottle shop Wyoming ave Exeter, you have to see this place! if you go ask for lindo.
    NEPA, Med egg,
  • Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    Looks awesome
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Awesome cook brother. Glad to see more and more folks trying the pork burnt ends. Hope that you enjoy them as much as we do. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    So glad you shared this...I did it yesterday and it was awesome...the whole family loved it.  Thanks again @flyer_egger
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • Smokehouse33
    Options
    Nice! I'm excited to try this...I read that injecting with butter just adds loads of flavor. Has anybody tried it?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Hotch said:
    @SGH says it takes it to the next level.
    Just some friendly advice my friend, take what SGH says with a grain of salt. He has been known to lie and make things up on the fly ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.