Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do you pre-cool your Yeti Tumbler?

I bought the 20oz tumbler and I love the quality of it and plan on pre-cooling it in the fridge next weekend to keep my beer SUPER cool - has anyone else tried that? 

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I usually keep mine filled with ice. In the morning I dump out the ice from the night before and add fresh.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • roofsc
    roofsc Posts: 53
    i bought one and crammed as much ice in it and put the top on and set it on the counter.  the ice lasted 26 hours
    no water just ice
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited August 2015
    One thing for sure is remember their warning of:
    Do NOT place in freezer! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I took mine to the beach this year. Poured 2 beers in each time ( I have the 32oz yeti) I filled it. Beers out of cooler. Stayed ice cold whole time. In other words, no need to precool. I was in 100 degree weather and my beer stayed ice cold. Of course no ice was in cup. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    I drink bourbon and coke. If I can't finish my drink, I just pop it in the fridge and I'm ready to go the next day with minimal dilution. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    DMW said:
    In the morning I dump out the ice from the night before and add fresh.
    Why do you dump the ice? Is it spoiling ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    I figure fresh ice is colder.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    DMW said:
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    You do know that I was only messing with you correct? A attemp at humor brother D =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    You do know that I was only messing with you correct? A attemp at humor brother D =)
    I figured that, just thought I would offer up why I do it. Not sure how ya'll keep ice with temps like you've been having though.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Just got back from Mexico and never pre cooled mine and with those temps and humidity, my drinks always nice and cold. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I usually drink my first drink really fast. Does that count as a pre-cool?