Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon wrapped dogs and tots...

Options
byrne092
byrne092 Posts: 746
edited August 2015 in EggHead Forum
BUT not just your normal tator tot, a homemade stuffed tot! Kept it simple and just put a cube of cheddar in them, but man they were good. Bacon wrapped some dogs and also put on some mango habanero brats. Since the bacon wrap wasn't enough we topped them with some leftover pulled pork. Finished with some grilled onions and a BBQ mayo sauce. Simple but good!

XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Nice! Especially the cheese filled tots.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Those look very good. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Bacon wrapped dogs plus pulled pork AND a side of homemade cheesy-tots?? Yes please! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• beatarmy
    beatarmy Posts: 194
    Options
    my cholesterol just raised by looking at the pics.  nice cook, hopefully you washed down with some good brews.
    Franklin, TN - (1) LBGE and a cooler full of beer
  • byrne092
    Options
    Thanks everyone. @beatarmy lol yeah, definitely not something you want to eat on any regular basis. Drank a little too much Guinness (hard to do) and tequila on Saturday lol, so some Fitz's Cardinal Cream Soda went nicely

St. Louis, MO
  • beatarmy
    beatarmy Posts: 194
    Options
    I'm sure the added grease from the meal helped cure the extra Guinness and tequila from the night before.
    Franklin, TN - (1) LBGE and a cooler full of beer
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Man that looks insane!! 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    Bacon on hot dogs.....  My children will thank you 100x over come the weekend!  We've already done the tater tots, but the dogs will be happening ASAP!!!

Bravo!  True meaning of hotdogs containing everything from the "snooter to the pooter"!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Outstanding job right there brother!  Great use of pork on pork and great job on the stuffed tots!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • byrne092
    Options
    Thanks fellas! @DaveRichardson they wont disappoint! 

St. Louis, MO