Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A few cooks

Options
A coupla cooks from the end of the week and the weekend.
Just a simple chicken breast to go on some salads. Mini has been seeing a lot of action lately.Took the pic due because of my grilling partner, Oliver.Cooked up some brats on the Mini. Wife mentioned that she wanted some shrimp and we decided to make green lightning shrimp since we haven't done it in awhile. Made tacos out of it. Wish I would have made some kind of slaw for it. Or onions and cilantro and queso fresco, but I had already used up the cilantro. Something to give it a little texture, other wise it was pretty good.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    Not too shabby. Perfect looking brats to me
    Dyersburg, TN
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Thanks. I had to start the brats indirect as I lit the Mini and then went inside and got distracted by my mini me. When I came out, the egg was way too hot. Threw in a pizza stone and cooked them indirect for awhile, then removed it to finish them off. Been awhile since I've done brats and they were good.

Rowlett, Texas

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Food looks great, and so does Oliver.  We love the green lighting shrimp, but I have never thought about doing them in the basket like that.  I usually put them on skewers, which can be a PITA sometimes.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Griffin
    Options
    Yeah, I'm kinda lazy. Awhile back, I didn't feel like doing the skewering so I threw them in the basket. Worked out well, so that's how I do them now. Just get a spatula and give them a stir and a flip every once in awhile.

Rowlett, Texas

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Dayumn Griffin! :clap: 
    Did your GSD Oliver at least get a sample? :smiley: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Food looks awesome and it looks so much bigger on the mini.  Oliver looks like he is waiting for you to drop something.  My Lexie almost got our steaks yesterday, because I didn't put them far enough back on the table outside on the patio.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Looks like Oliver is torn between playing ball and waiting for food. Great looking grub. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Griffin
    Options
    Ollie rarely gets any food other than his own. He's got a problem with pancreas and doesn't produce the right enzymes to break down food properly. He's on meds for it, but if he gets hold of much of anything but his normal food....let's just say it ain't pretty.

Rowlett, Texas

• Griffin
    Options
    Oh...and the shrimp were done on the Large. Was a bit over a lb of shrimp.

Rowlett, Texas

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Great looking food. Oliver is a good looking dog. I am sure he is a good buddy. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Three of my favorite things @Griffin , food, BGE, and German Shepards!  

Great looking groceries buddy! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Looks great! That's what weekend eating (hell even during the week eating) should look like.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Great looking grub brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.