Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Honey, Siriacha,Teriyaki, brined Salmon

Options

Had a birthday party for a friend last week. This was my contribution for the dinner feast. I took a salmon filet and brined in a mixture of salt brown sugar,  White wine and water, for about 3 hours. Took out of fridge and rinsed patted dry, coated with EVO, and layered on my rub, black pepper, Kosher salt, lemon pepper.  Set up egg for indirect using my adjustable rig at 225 using a handful of apple chips. Oiled grate and placed Salmon in egg, then covered with thin slices of orange.   let that smoke until the first signs of fat rendering out of salmon. Then I applied a generous layer of my glaze, Honey, Sriracha, and Teriyaki, waited about 10 minutes and coated it again.  It was a great hit with all the guests. Even my wife said I hit it out of the park, she is not a fan of my Salmon experiments. I have had some failures in the past.

BGE, Treager LilTex, Terinan 48 SOB, Custom electric smoker, Weber kettle, Weber gas grill, Masterbuilt SS smoker, last but not least UDS

I've never meet a cow I didn't like, with a little salt and pepper.

Amarillo, Texas

Comments

• RedRamona
    Options
    that looks exceptional!  I've got one brining in a tamari/brown sugar/salt water based mixture right now for smoking tomorrow.  can't wait!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Great looking grub brother. Nicely done. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Oh yes, that looks excellent.
  • cactus_darrell
    Options
    RedRamona said:
    that looks exceptional!  I've got one brining in a tamari/brown sugar/salt water based mixture right now for smoking tomorrow.  can't wait!

I was very pleased with how the brine kept the moisture in the fish.  I would be careful with adding extra salt before cook though, next time I wont ad any after brining.  Everyone raved about it but Mrs Cactus said hers was little salty. She's getting kind of picky, as she is ages!

BGE, Treager LilTex, Terinan 48 SOB, Custom electric smoker, Weber kettle, Weber gas grill, Masterbuilt SS smoker, last but not least UDS

I've never meet a cow I didn't like, with a little salt and pepper.

Amarillo, Texas

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    nice work . . . i gotta take more risks like that . . . I typically just copy recipes  :s
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is”