Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Brisket!! Came out great!

Options
8.6# Prime packer Brisket I bought at Costco on Friday.  Locked in at 250F and it went for 10 hours or so.  Bought a backlit thermapen last week at their special and it came in handy.  Probed once above 190 till like buttah.  Wife and I loved it and have lots of leftovers.  Rubbed with Meat Church Holy Cow.  
Money issue I had was the deckle in the point was not fully rendered.  Cooked fat side up and the bottom side seemed a little over cooked even though I used the plate setter.  Wrapped in paper for 1.5 hours and we are.  Attached are the results!  Enjoy!
2015 LBGE

Patriots and New England Fan all the way!

Minneapolis, MN

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Looks good enough to eat! Great job.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Bravo!  That's the one merit badge I have yet to attempt.  I'm still basking in glow of pulled pork and rib successes.  I'll get there but I'm thrilled yours turned out great!
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    Looks great. I have not tried this yet( gun shy) but I'd sure try that

-Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    You nailed it!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
    Options
    Great looking brisket. They are really easy so long as you remember, leave it alone.... no peeking...
    Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About
  • Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
    Options
    I would suggest a longer knife for slicing, I can see your strokes, should just be one... for competitions. Also was the dome temp 250, or was that at the grate, with a large chunk of meet a 250 dome may have been a 275 to 300 grate temp, which would radically change the cook. But, most importantly you wife, loved it and nothing else really matters. Happy wife, happy life.....
    Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About