Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

question??

Options
How do I get the writing to stay on top before the pics show up??    I type my description first, then post the pics and hit post,    on my post it is reversed,  the pic comes first, then the writing ??????   help???

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    It's all in where the cursor is when you click the pic icon.

I just type something, then put the cursor where I want the pic and click the icon. Like this...

Then, if I have anything else to say, I keep typing. Or maybe add another pic.

If I type a whole paragraph and then decide I want a pic in the middle of it, I just go back and place the cursor wherever I like, here for instance, and insert the pic.

If I want to add multiple pics without typing anything, I just Control-Click several and then click Choose. However, multiple selections don't seem to show up in order.

Hope this helps.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options
    That pizza looks amazing!  I too have used my CI to do pizza, but I did more of a deep dish. 
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    @Carolina Q  .. was wondering how that was done. Bookmarked. Thanks!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    @Carolina Q  just showing off with some killer looking pies.  Very nice.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Carolina_Q Is your deep dish dough different from your thin crust? Are you using 00 flour? Superb pies.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Sookie said:
    That pizza looks amazing!  I too have used my CI to do pizza, but I did more of a deep dish. 
    Sookie, thanks. That is my take on Kenji's Pan Pizza, recipe/method here. For my deep dish I use a heavy steel cake pan.

SciAggie said:
    @Carolina_Q Is your deep dish dough different from your thin crust? Are you using 00 flour? Superb pies.
    Thanks. They are all different... NY style, deep dish, pan, napoletana, etc. Flours, recipes, temps - everything! I usually use 00 for the napoletana, though not deep dish. The deep dish is the most different of all. Like no other dough I have ever seen. Also, the easiest to make, by far. The coolest thing is, you can be eating pizza in under two hours from the time you open a bag of flour. See link above. 

Though there are "some" who contend that Chicago deep dish pizza is not even pizza. :) 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqSizC-T-4

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @carolinaQ

that cheap pepperoni is vile stuff

(see, it goes both ways!)
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    @carolinaQ

If I recall, he uses the fancy stuff.  And like you, is a cherry pic'r. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options

Sookie said:
    Sookie, thanks. That is my take on Kenji's Pan Pizza, recipe/method here. For my deep dish I use a heavy steel cake pan.

SciAggie said:
    Thanks. They are all different... NY style, deep dish, pan, napoletana, etc. Flours, recipes, temps - everything! I usually use 00 for the napoletana, though not deep dish. The deep dish is the most different of all. Like no other dough I have ever seen. Also, the easiest to make, by far. The coolest thing is, you can be eating pizza in under two hours from the time you open a bag of flour. See link above. 

Though there are "some" who contend that Chicago deep dish pizza is not even pizza. :) 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqSizC-T-4

As a fellow Grilliniosan, 100% agree with Jon's assessment....great bit.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Yeah, except it's not cheap pepperoni. But above all, it's not oysters.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    if by cherry picker you mean 'prefers virgins', then yes.
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    cheap pepperoni is for the hirsute.  enjoy

• SoCalTim
    Options
    Carolina Q  .. ok I just attempted inserting picture with a caption. Had a heck of a time.

Ultimately what I had to do is pre-write my captions then insert the pictures last.

Is that right or is their a simpler way to do this?

Anyone???
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Not sure why you are having problems @SoCalTim, what sort of device are you using?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I'm on my laptop ... I tried following instructions, but it didn't work, so I just wrote captions then inserted. Not fun.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    What you did works. Sometimes it's a PITA to put the cursor where you want it. Try the arrow keys and the Return. Once it's there, insert the pic.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SoCalTim
    Options
    @Carolina Q  .. ok. thanks.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    After inserting the pic click on the pic and hit the end key then enter once or twice. You should see the cursor down below the pic and can type.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    @Carolina Q excellent way to answer a post! I make that pan pizza often for Sunday football games, with wings - easy and delicious
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • TheManBehindTheMask
    Options
    @carolinaQ

your mouth is vile you little runt
  • TheManBehindTheMask
    Options
    @carolinaQ

yes we know that you go both ways you wear a dress little worm
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited August 2015
    Options
    thank you sir, may i have another?