Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

With much thanks to Ross in Ventura - Marinaded Chicken Tonight

Options
@Ross in Ventura , posted a meal that looked absolutely wonderful the other day and I just had to try it.  Citrus Marinaded Chicken Thighs.

The family and grands are on their way over, so I am cooking up 20 thighs= 12 lbs for dinner tonight.  Had to triple the marinade recipe.

The menu tonight is the chicken, brussel sprouts, skillet sauteed in EVOO with garlic, green onion bottoms and Balsamic.  Oven baked scalloped potatoes, salad and green beans for the kids.

Cook pics as they progress.  Thanks again Ross.
Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Anything Ross does is good stuff. Enjoy the family and food man. Sounds like a great way to end the weekend.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Did the chicken last night. You are in for a real treat!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Agree ^^^ 
    You'll be receiving many complements. Enjoy & squeeze the grand children extra hard!  :)
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    @Ross in Ventura  does some real inventive cooks. I have this one bookmarked for a future cook.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Anything Ross does is good stuff. 
    No doubt about it^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. He posts some great stuff on another forum that I frequent as well. The man is the real deal.  

@Sonny3 - Looks like a winner to me my friend. Awesome looking grub. Great job :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    Well the meal is over and there is nothing left but the carnage.  Overwhelming success and the whole family wanted to make sure I had saved the recipe.  With only 7 of us eating including the 3 grand kids, I thought I would have plenty left.   Well they proved me wrong.

A great day at the homestead.  Everybody went home with their bellies full and now I am going to sit with a cold one and relax.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    A satisfying meal. I happy for you - family, good food, and a beautiful home. You are a lucky man. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Looks delicious. :plus_one: 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    Thanks guys and yes I am a very lucky man.  You have no idea.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Yep looks even better then I thought it would. Nicely done!!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Sonny3 said:
    Well the meal is over and there is nothing left but the carnage.  Overwhelming success and the whole family wanted to make sure I had saved the recipe.  With only 7 of us eating including the 3 grand kids, I thought I would have plenty left.   Well they proved me wrong.

A great day at the homestead.  Everybody went home with their bellies full and now I am going to sit with a cold one and relax.
    Beautiful Sonny, you just did a wonderful job with the recipe. Again Beautiful Sonny

Ross