Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Motorcycle riders

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Why did that d!ck keep going?
    Not only did he keep going but he was lane splitting too. Darwinism at its finest. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PIoOLvypGlA
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    These are horrible:

Lhttps://youtu.be/cM5kwi1VaEs
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options

So what's next, that biker was going over the speed limit, oh wait, you also speed but he is 20 mph over and you are going 15 mph over. Yep, he deserves to be pinned.

When did you become the judge and jury to decide what punishment is executed onto someone else?

@lit If it's legal in your state to lane split, get over it and be thankful that 5%-20% less cars are clogging up your rush hour. If it isn't legal, relax and call the cops if it's that big of a deal. And then when you get thru the grid lock and the freeway opens up, you can resume your 10+ over the limit driving that you feel is just acceptable. Hmm, same dangerous driving but I'm sure you will justify it because you are doing it.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    bigguy136 said:

So what's next, that biker was going over the speed limit, oh wait, you also speed but he is 20 mph over and you are going 15 mph over. Yep, he deserves to be pinned.

When did you become the judge and jury to decide what punishment is executed onto someone else?

@lit If it's legal in your state to lane split, get over it and be thankful that 5%-20% less cars are clogging up your rush hour. If it isn't legal, relax and call the cops if it's that big of a deal. And then when you get thru the grid lock and the freeway opens up, you can resume your 10+ over the limit driving that you feel is just acceptable. Hmm, same dangerous driving but I'm sure you will justify it because you are doing it.

I believe it is only legal in Cali.  Still waiting for someone to provide some documentation stating otherwise.  Only because they appeared confident, but I can't find anything to validate their claim.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • bigguy136
    Options
    I also thought it was legal in CA only. I tried it a few times but not for me. I like the open road where lane splitting isn't needed.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    bigguy136 said:

You guys are making way more of a deal of this than it is. I was just pointing out crap some bikers do that make the rest of them look bad. This guy is putting his life and others lives in danger every time he does this. Obviously I'm not going to do something stupid like pin him and ruin my life on some scum bag. And smokey pit posted the link to our locals laws earlier in the thread it is illegal. Obviously there are bad drivers with all types of vehicles but the ratio seems to be much higher with bikers.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Live and let live. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    Live and let live. 
    I thought it was live and let die ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bigguy136
    Options
     Now, how about someone who drinks and drives =)  

Big Lake, Minnesota

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    just did all the title transfer and finished a ride on the new bike.

Nice bike brother, but no lane splitting ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    My new bumper sticker...

Options
    cazzy said:
    dmchicago said:
    Oh, yeah...that looks legal.
    That is the type of sh!t I saw all the time in San Antonio. That mofo caused that accident.  Has prolly going about 30-40 mph above the flow of traffic...Which was moving.  I'm ready to hear someone defend the rider....
    I won't defend that rider (either one of them).  IIRC, in CA you cannot legally go faster than 15 mph over the speed of the traffic, which the above morons obviously are.

And, from Wikipedia:

In the United States[edit]

Lane splitting by motorcycles is illegal in most US states with the sole exception being California, but widely used and legal in many other countries.[2] Additionally, the legality of lane splitting for motorcycles and bicycles is the same in some places, such as California,[9] but different in other places, such as Nebraska, where lane splitting is prohibited specifically for motorcycles and is therefore lawful for bicycles.[10]

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    Options
    Guys - you know I'm sorry, because I think some of my earlier comments in this thread were taken the wrong way.  I thought this thread was about bicycles.

Look, the cyclists—I drive a Cadillac, American made, only the best; actually, I have a driver, great guy, one of the hardest workers I know and he’s very, very well-paid; why would anyone ride a bicycle? Boo hoo, I’m poor, I want to lose weight, get in shape. I hear this all the time from fat people, as if riding a bike is going to make up for the fact that you’re ugly—and let’s be honest, nobody; when’s the last time you saw a good-looking person riding a bike? The helmets, not very flattering, and don’t get me started on the clothes. The colors, it’s just gross, too flashy, like they’re trying to compensate for something. Wouldn’t you? They’re losers; Lance Armstrong, he cheated; I supported his charity, and many, many others, by the way, but he cheated; what was he—we play by the rules in this country; he gave America a bad name, trying to win a competition in France of all places; the French make terrible, terrible cars; who—I don’t know anyone who drives a French car; America used to make great cars until China—we don’t know how to negotiate with these people, it’s killing our jobs; you think a few bicycles are going to save the environment?

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    cazzy said:
    bigguy136 said:

I believe it is only legal in Cali.  Still waiting for someone to provide some documentation stating otherwise.  Only because they appeared confident, but I can't find anything to validate their claim.  
    Waiting for someone to provide documentation in California? Racist. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    Options
    SGH said:
    stemc33 said:
    Live and let live. 
    I thought it was live and let die ;)
    I've always been partial to "Live Free or Die."  But then I was raised in NH.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    So fresh and so clean

XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • SGH
    Options
    byrne092 said:
    So fresh and so clean

I can't keep my dirt bike clean at all. 

Status- Standing by.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,474
    Options
    Fizzer and Pig.  I have the FZ-6 up for sale, it's a fun bike but with my 37" inseam and aging knees I can't ride it for more than 90 minutes or so, and I want to do more touring.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Lit said:

You guys are making way more of a deal of this than it is. I was just pointing out crap some bikers do that make the rest of them look bad. This guy is putting his life and others lives in danger every time he does this. Obviously I'm not going to do something stupid like pin him and ruin my life on some scum bag. And smokey pit posted the link to our locals laws earlier in the thread it is illegal. Obviously there are bad drivers with all types of vehicles but the ratio seems to be much higher with bikers, people who drive Dodge trucks and the Dutch.
    FTFY
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    I love my 95' 916. Pristine. A thing of beauty that is ridden with the utmost respect to it's lineage. I am merely her caretaker.
    Gittin' there...
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Bikes. like cars and their drivers are different all over the world. In the US there is a general attitude of fairness for all drivers, wether on two wheels or four or more. Filtering, driving between stopped cars at a light is commonplace in most of Europe, try that in North America and someone will open a door or close the path on you. Lane splitting takes it to the next level of moving between moving lanes of traffic, kinda like an HOV lane, it improves throughput - trouble is it does not fit with our culture. @cazzy - don't think splitting is legal in CA, CHP simply tolerates it. @travisstrick - can't believe you feel all bikers are the same, anymore than all soldiers condone My Lai. 

50 years of riding, always wear the right footwear, jacket and gloves and helmet. Have owned a paint shaker (HD) just not for me. HD does not enjoy the tariff protection that used to be in place in the states here in Canada, value proposition is simply not there. 
    Current ride is a '97 Virago 1100. I try to get out almost everyday. 
    @nolaegghead - sandals?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    edited August 2015
    Options
    cazzy said:
    dmchicago said:
    Oh, yeah...that looks legal.
    That is the type of sh!t I saw all the time in San Antonio. That mofo caused that accident.  Has prolly going about 30-40 mph above the flow of traffic...Which was moving.  I'm ready to hear someone defend the rider....
    THAT was not what legal lane splitting looks like. As you pointed out he was lane splitting while traffic was flowing AND was going significantly faster than the traffic. As others have said, I personally wouldn't do it with flowing traffic even if it were legal in my area.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @Skiddymarker most of my friends in my hood ride, so a few people rode my new bike.  That's not me.  
    Options
    Guys - you know I'm sorry, because I think some of my earlier comments in this thread were taken the wrong way.  I thought this thread was about bicycles.

Look, the cyclists—I drive a Cadillac, American made, only the best; actually, I have a driver, great guy, one of the hardest workers I know and he’s very, very well-paid; why would anyone ride a bicycle? Boo hoo, I’m poor, I want to lose weight, get in shape. I hear this all the time from fat people, as if riding a bike is going to make up for the fact that you’re ugly—and let’s be honest, nobody; when’s the last time you saw a good-looking person riding a bike? The helmets, not very flattering, and don’t get me started on the clothes. The colors, it’s just gross, too flashy, like they’re trying to compensate for something. Wouldn’t you? They’re losers; Lance Armstrong, he cheated; I supported his charity, and many, many others, by the way, but he cheated; what was he—we play by the rules in this country; he gave America a bad name, trying to win a competition in France of all places; the French make terrible, terrible cars; who—I don’t know anyone who drives a French car; America used to make great cars until China—we don’t know how to negotiate with these people, it’s killing our jobs; you think a few bicycles are going to save the environment?

Huh! 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Damn @SGH....another good thread sunk. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    What got this one buffaloed? I have been off the forum a bit. Did Mask blast someone again? 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    stemc33 said:

Status- Standing by.