Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Going Sub-Nuclear

Options
I'll let you know how it turns out.
Chris
LBGE
Hughesville, MD

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    I can relate to the real-world description-not here :peace: 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Can't wait!!!!
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Are you doing caveman or just a hot and fast grill on the grate?
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• CP92
    CP92 Posts: 321
    Options
    Hot and fast on the grate.  Finish at 350 IF needed.  Usually pull at 130.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • CP92
    edited August 2015
    Options
    This is only the second time I've cooked a steak on my egg.  Last week I had three 1.5" prime steaks from Costco.  The came out so well the wife wanted me to do them again. Normally I do them in a cast iron skillet and finish in the oven. 

These two weren't nearly as thick.  I buy the three pack from Costco, then vac the less desirable of the three. These were the less desirables.  

Four minutes per side was all it took.  Last week I had to finish at 350.  These were excellent, just not quite as good as last week.  Something to look forward to next weekend :)

Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    What do you mean by finish at 350?
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • CP92
    Options
    Depending on the thickness the sear might not get them to temp.  At that point I go indirect at 350 to get them to 130 internal.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD