Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Motorcycle riders

Options

Comments

• Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    Options
    Seriously dude? If it's illegal to split lanes in your area then you have a point, if it's not and it bothers you so much you should work on getting the law changed. With your attitude I predict you'll end up like this fine upstanding woman from San Diego who killed one of my SWCC brothers recently.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-suspected-running-sailor-history-violent-threats-court/story?id=31523654

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    Options
    I think henapple posted this because we were talking off line about my bike, then Dylan trolled me, then Tony....I did buy this bike and I'm totally psyched to ride it tomorrow.
    Dude... you're gonna get WET if you're riding tomorrow... LOL. Seriously though, we need to meet up for a ride sometime.

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Lit said:
    jabam said:
    Ya I'm switching from beer to vodka! Can't wait to see what @Lit has to say
    I don't care what you are drinking. Just remember all the people that hate bikers in this posts it's because bikers like you. You are an entitled ass. You think you deserve to drive past everyone because your POS bike can't idle? I hope you aren't serious? Your joking right? 
    I seriously hope
    you are the one that is joking, seems like you are the only biker hater here. If you are not joking then we all truly know what an idiot you are! Without respect for other people on the road, then you are truly the problem! Bad drivers are bad drivers whether they are on bikes, bicycles or in cars. Dumbasses like you are why people get hurt on the road. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Parallel said:
    I think henapple posted this because we were talking off line about my bike, then Dylan trolled me, then Tony....I did buy this bike and I'm totally psyched to ride it tomorrow.
    Dude... you're gonna get WET if you're riding tomorrow... LOL. Seriously though, we need to meet up for a ride sometime.
    We ride on weekend mornings.  Give me a call.
    Options
    Roger that. It's gonna be a while as I've got a busy schedule right now and most of the riding I do get in is with the Legion Riders (Post 383). Perhaps Labor Day weekend.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    We have a bunch of people going out to the Chandelier islands that weekend to camp and bbq.  7 boats.  You're welcome to join.
    Options
    jabam said:
    Lit said:
    jabam said:
    I don't care what you are drinking. Just remember all the people that hate bikers in this posts it's because bikers like you. You are an entitled ass. You think you deserve to drive past everyone because your POS bike can't idle? I hope you aren't serious? Your joking right? 
    I seriously hope
    you are the one that is joking, seems like you are the only biker hater here. If you are not joking then we all truly know what an idiot you are! Without respect for other people on the road, then you are truly the problem! Bad drivers are bad drivers whether they are on bikes, bicycles or in cars. Dumbasses like you are why people get hurt on the road. 
    Did you not read the first page and a half of this thread of people hating bikers? People sitting in traffic are going to hate anyone that feels it's their right to pass right by them. People hate other cars that think it's ok to merge late what do you think they think about you when you think it's ok to pass everyone? People hate you. People hate other bikers because of you. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    In all seriousness I don't mind bikers at all. I would like to have one but I would only ride on weekends. I live near Atlanta so just too many damn people. 

I think lane splitting should be illegal for everyone's safety, especially the rider.  It seems to me it greatly incresses the chances of a car changing lanes on top of the motorcycle. When a driver looks in the side mirror there is a good chance they won't see you simple because they aren't looking for a small vehicle on the line...they are looking in the next over.   @lit it is illegal in GA. 

Lane Splitting
    Not authorized. "The operator of a motorcycle shall not overtake and pass in the same lane occupied by the vehicle being overtaken. No person shall operate a motorcycle between lanes of traffic or between adjacent lines or rows of vehicles." Georgia Code, 40-6-312

The unnecessarily loud pipes are annoying. Not all Harleys have them. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    Lit said:
    jabam said:
    Lit said:
    jabam said:
    I seriously hope
    Did you not read the first page and a half of this thread of people hating bikers? People sitting in traffic are going to hate anyone that feels it's their right to pass right by them. People hate other cars that think it's ok to merge late what do you think they think about you when you think it's ok to pass everyone? People hate you. People hate other bikers because of you. 
    I don't get your anger. For every bike passing you is one less car or truck adding to the congestion. You sound very angry because they can and you can't. 

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I am a rider, dont care what others ride as long as they ride well and with common sense.
    I have four of them, the newest two are the '14 BMW GSA and a '15 Husqvarna FE 501S. 
    My daughter is 17 and still wants to go riding pillion with me (rarely these days).

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Lvnthedrm
    Lvnthedrm Posts: 153
    Options
    Parallel said:
    Harleys are okay... but I prefer to be able to get away from the rabble...

@Parallel has it right. I ride to get away and am very conscience of safety

• bigguy136
    Options
    This is why I ride

Big Lake, Minnesota

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Loud pipes save lives. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I grew up riding and would love to have a bike now but know too many families left without father's because of wrecks caused by other drivers. As a matter of fact, one of my friends is in a Green Bay hospital bed right now with broken ribs, legs and a crushed pelvis suffered by going full Superman over the top of a mini van that pulled out in front of him last Sunday morning. Not worth it. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Aviator said:
    I am a rider, dont care what others ride as long as they ride well and with common sense.
    I have four of them, the newest two are the '14 BMW GSA and a '15 Husqvarna FE 501S. 
    My daughter is 17 and still wants to go riding pillion with me (rarely these days).
    Sweet ride! I no longer ride due to medical conditions. I have had everything from a 86 gold wing, Yamaha secs, BMW GS1200 and 4 different Harley's. The gold wing finally lost 2 new gear at 182,000 on the clock. When I sold the BMW it just got broke in with 120,000 on the clock. I loved that bike but damn it was tall. 

@lit I would pay money to see you block the wrong guy and watch him beat your a$$ right there on the side of the road for trying to kill him with your ignorance. Just sayin.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • stemc33
    Options
    This is why bikers split lanes. It's even taught in motorcycle safety classes. Get a bike and end your misery of being stuck in traffic. Don't hate cause your late to egg.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2015/06/02/lane-splitting-motorcyclists-safer-in-traffic-study-says/
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    bigguy136 said:
    Lit said:
    jabam said:
    Lit said:
    jabam said:
    I seriously hope
    I don't get your anger. For every bike passing you is one less car or truck adding to the congestion. You sound very angry because they can and you can't. 
    He was behind me. Didn't cause any congestion for me. Now he's ahead of me and is is part of my congestion. Do you let people at stores just go ahead of you so there is less congestion? Also like I stated before he has caught me off guard before because I just wasn't expecting something to be passing me. What happens when a 70 yr old gets startled and hits the gas instead of the breaks? 
  • stemc33
    Options
    I grew up riding and would love to have a bike now but know too many families left without father's because of wrecks caused by other drivers. As a matter of fact, one of my friends is in a Green Bay hospital bed right now with broken ribs, legs and a crushed pelvis suffered by going full Superman over the top of a mini van that pulled out in front of him last Sunday morning. Not worth it. 
    I wish the best for your friend. 

I also grew up on motorcycles and raced when I was in high school. Riding street bikes has never been as fun as riding off-road for me though. Too many idiotic drivers on the road that you have no control over. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • stemc33
    Options
    @Lit, c'mon man. You know that a 70 year old that hits the gas instead of the break shouldn't be on the road anymore. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    jabam said:
    bigguy136 said:
    Lit said:
    I think it's the douche bag bikers that rouine it for the rest of them. My ride home from work hits parking lot traffic every day and the same **** head cruises right down the line between cars every day. I dream of pinning him between the car next to me.

If this '**** head' didn't lane split, would traffic move any faster?
    The reason bikers split lanes ( which is legal in most states) most bikes are air cooled, which means they have to have air flowing through the engine to keep them cooled. If they had to stop in heavy traffic the bikes would overheat. 
    Lane-splitting is illegal in every state save California.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Vegas Eggus
    Options
    Lit said:

He can come but thats it. 
    That's not a Harley.  You can easily tell cause the technology is much more advanced.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Watch "Anchorman: Baxter is Punted Scene" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/B-eGgQuYicM

The important thing is to keep your burritos in the vehicle at all times. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    That's not a Harley.  You can easily tell cause the technology is much more advanced.
    ROFL
    Jacksonville FL
  • DaveRichardson
    Options

My ride on a trip from Daytona to the Keys...  Short straight pipes will rattle the fillings out of your teeth. No lane splitting, I stick to the old US Highways that are much less congested!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Another one.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    @Lit, c'mon man. You know that a 70 year old that hits the gas instead of the break shouldn't be on the road anymore. 
    I agree 100% but we also know there are tons of them on the road. My point on the original post was not anti biker at all it was that a small percentage of the whole from what I see on the road is what gives bikers negative stereo types. About 8-10 yrs ago I was on hwy50 leaving Orlando and I saw a crotch rocket flying up behind me so I switched lanes so he could go by me and he had already planned on going around me so when he corrected he got speed wobbles and ended up stabilizing himself against the side of my car and then he took off. Unfortunately these are the things people remember. I personally would never get on a bike in Atlanta traffic but I have been searching for an old big red ATC to mess around on.
  • bigguy136
    Options
    Lit said:
    bigguy136 said:
    Lit said:
    jabam said:
    Lit said:
    jabam said:
    I seriously hope
    He was behind me. Didn't cause any congestion for me. Now he's ahead of me and is is part of my congestion. Do you let people at stores just go ahead of you so there is less congestion? Also like I stated before he has caught me off guard before because I just wasn't expecting something to be passing me. What happens when a 70 yr old gets startled and hits the gas instead of the breaks? 

Are you serious!

Is it all about you? The one bike that was behind you is one less car helping congestion as a whole.

How many bikes were already ahead of you that could've been cars adding to more congestion. Are those bike okay, just not the ones that pass you?

Big Lake, Minnesota

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    I figured this thread was started in jest on a Friday night but escalated quicky.
    I sold my last bike in 2010 but heres a list of some of them.
    2004 Kawasaki ZZR1200 - my entry back into riding after many years.
    2006 Triumph Speed Triple 1050 - hooligan phase.
    2007 Triumph Rocket 3 - my cruiser phase.
    2008 Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 - the mega HP rocket phase.

Riding in Florida sucks but I made reguar pilgrimages to Deals Gap and the Cherohala Skyway, good times.

Lane splitting is stupid and Ive done seriously stupid on bikes but never that. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • stemc33
    Options
    @lit, I just seen an old 250R for sale on the side of the road a few weeks back. Too busy to stop but it made reflect back to when I was a kid and how much fun riding a 3-wheeler was. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming