Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Motorcycle riders

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
A friend informed me that Harley Davidson riders are pu&&@ies. I rode for several years till college tuition took over. Best people I've ever met. @Eggcelsior... What say you? 
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have an electric glide and the wife rides a Heritage. I'd like to see him call her a Pu$$y.  She's meaner than hell. 

Here's a picture of her bike in front of the Ronald Reagan Boyhood Home. She's the Executive Director. 

Clinton, Iowa
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    henapple said:
    A friend informed me that Harley Davidson riders are pu&&@ies. I rode for several years till college tuition took over. Best people I've ever met. @Eggcelsior... What say you? 
    I don't know about Harley riders, but I've met you and all I can say is...

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Bikers are the worst trash on the road. They cry non stop about "share the road" but never do themselves. Bikers are the most inconsiderate and unsafe drivers in America.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Bikers are the worst trash on the road. They cry non stop about "share the road" but never do themselves. Bikers are the most inconsiderate and unsafe drivers in America.
    Yep.  I swear half of them don't wear a helmet because there's nothing to protect.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    HD riders are the ONLY group who block the westboro baptist trash from veteran funerals, etc.  God bless every last one of them.  
    (Beemer/Jap sportbike rider here)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• travisstrick
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Botch said:
    HD riders are the ONLY group who block the westboro baptist trash from veteran funerals, etc.  God bless every last one of them.  
    (Beemer/Jap sportbike rider here)
    I have had the honor to present the flag to next of kin in over 100 veteran funerals and 3 active duty funerals. 

My wife has very specific instructions to never let anyone on a bike anywhere near my funeral when I die. The patriot guard are the most self centered disrespectful group of people I've ever seen at a vet funeral. I've almost come to blows with several of them. 
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Lit said:

He can come but thats it. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Yep.  I swear half of them don't wear a helmet because there's nothing to protect.
    Come on guys, really?   I ride and it seems just the opposite to me.  Not crying or bitching but I ride a lot and have had many a cars pull out in front of me, hell one even run me off the road. And @johnincarolina - I always wear a helmet.   

Not looking to start a weekend blast fest, just sayin

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    It depends if your talking about patched "MC" vs a club where they get together to ride. My last job had a big issue with MC gangs and they are trash. Selling steroids in the parking lot and stealing to pay dues. But the other segment are just normal people who like to ride. My wife has a Harley I took the classes and was on the verge of buying a bike just couldn't justify the amount of money for something I'd ride in good weather only. But you need to keep an eye out and share the road I've lost some good friends to people texting and merging or just not paying attention. Not something you want to live with.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:

That's my daughter LOL.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Yall seriously don't like Harley riders? I must be missing something to this thread. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:

That's my daughter LOL.

Gender is a social construct anyways so who cares. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Riders are riders!  I ride a Yamaha and don't feel that it is Harley or nothing any more.  I've spent many a night in biker bars with people that ride all different kinda bikes. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I ride a 4 wheeler because my wife won't let me get a real bike : (

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have a cool $1800 road bike....does that count. Pre kids.....would never spent this kind of $ on a damn bike.
    Seattle, WA
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    @travisstrick Can they come?   PLEASE!!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited August 2015
    Options
    As long as we're WILDLY generalizing here, I think it's actually Prius drivers who the most entitled drivers on the road.  Maybe I"m wrong.  Maybe their cars don't run properly unless they are driving slow in the passing lane.

Wait a minute - didn't Ozzie just start a thread like this?  Pass the whine please.
    Phoenix 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Might help if Harley riders quit dressing like gay pirates.... 
    Jacksonville FL
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @travisstrick   I'm usually on board with you, but we are 180 on this one.  I'll take a real biker over a pretentious wannabe any day of the week.  

I haven't ridden for a few years since become a full time single dad, but I can't wait for the day when I can start again.

Phoenix 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I think it's the douche bag bikers that rouine it for the rest of them. My ride home from work hits parking lot traffic every day and the same **** head cruises right down the line between cars every day. I dream of pinning him between the car next to me.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    With no helmet laws in both IA and IL, and working on Neuro frequently with TBIs, we refer to them as "donorcycles".  After taking care of a 12 yr old TBI and family due to a horrible ATV accident, and having a nurse friend's young nephew found dead by Grandma pinned under an ATV, not a huge fan of those either. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    I'm a new rider and putting any rider in a group is just dumb. I ride a Harley and wear a full face helmet. I live in IL where 75% of riders don't wear helmets. I think people insane to ride without a helmet, I don't judge, but I want to protect the thing that will save my life. I have buddies that ride sport bikes and foreign cruisers. I couldn't care less what someone rides, it's all personal preference. There's always going to be people that fit the stereotype that non riders will jump at the opportunity to point out. 
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Save a horse, ride a cowboy.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Davec433 said:
    It depends if your talking about patched "MC" vs a club where they get together to ride. My last job had a big issue with MC gangs and they are trash. Selling steroids in the parking lot and stealing to pay dues. But the other segment are just normal people who like to ride. My wife has a Harley I took the classes and was on the verge of buying a bike just couldn't justify the amount of money for something I'd ride in good weather only. But you need to keep an eye out and share the road I've lost some good friends to people texting and merging or just not paying attention. Not something you want to live with.
    Don't judge based on the MC's I have had a Harley for 10 years, I ride with some buddies, not a club and we are very considerate of other drivers.  We enjoy the experience, and the open road. You have drug dealers in every walk of life. Let us ride in peace. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    I do not ride.  I lost a cousin who was riding several years ago to no fault of his own...That's enough reason for me.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    I ride very aware of the traffic around me. Obviously we are not as protected as in a car, but awareness saves lives whether on a bike or in a car. There is definately a higher degree of danger on a bike. But there are people out there that detest motorcycle riders and cut us off and make it more dangerous than it needs to be. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    Not the responses I was expecting. My last Yamaha FJ1200 had 182,000 miles on it and now my new FJR1300 has 50,000 miles on it. I ride everywhere and talk to a lot of bikers. I can count on one hand the number of bad ones.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig