Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What flips your lid?

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Nope.  I went to school and the teachers didn't allow it.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    • Any politician
    • People who text and drive
    • People who do not follow the rules of the road - it is not that hard to be courteous and it actually makes traffic go faster
    • People who constantly use their speaker phone on their cells in public places
    • People who think they have to yell to be heard on speaker phone
    • Idiots (a little more broad than first bullet)
    • People who are really hardcore about sports teams - it's a nice distraction but really that's it
    • People who start fights at sporting events
    • Those who do not enjoy food
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    Well-spoken elected officials who are this stupid . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at7IEAVvZAE

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    ...religious and political 'discussions' on a barbecue forum.

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Elected officials that are this stupid.....and the people who voted for him/her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cesSRfXqS1Q 

This is truly unbelievable.  We have a lot of dumb folks in power, but his is astounding.  Those that skipped it should definitely watch.  

Phoenix 
  • GATraveller
    Options
    People who are habitually late.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Parents who take little league sports seriously.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Oh, good one, forgot about that. That is a biggie too.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• TheManBehindTheMask
    Options
    what's wrong with sports my kids play baseball
  • Sardonicus
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Tribal Thinkers(sic) who are willing to believe that Rep. Hank Johnson actually believes that the island of Guam would capsize.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    jonnymack said:
    • People who are really hardcore about sports teams - it's a nice distraction but really that's it

+1 to this.  You're cheering for laundry folks.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GATraveller
    Options
    Nothing wrong with kids sports.  My son plays baseball and my girls play tennis, softball and basketball.  I'm referring to parents who don't understand this:

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • blasting
    Options
    If your parents talked like her parents, I imagine you would talk like her too.  

I agree completely.  The schools are scared to insist on proper English, but until they do, quality job prospects are greatly diminished for young blacks.  It's an unfortunate cycle.

Phoenix 
  • TheManBehindTheMask
    Options
    Nothing wrong with kids sports.  My son plays baseball and my girls play tennis, softball and basketball.  I'm referring to parents who don't understand this:

thanks at first I thought you had something against kids playing ball my mistake
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Tribal Thinkers(sic) who are willing to believe that Rep. Hank Johnson actually believes that the island of Guam would capsize.

He did say it. Are you saying he doesn't believe it? 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Options
    +1 @blasting and nolaegghead
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • TheManBehindTheMask
    Options
    ...religious and political 'discussions' on a barbecue forum.

don't read them you sissy you always are whining about something now I see why that guy called you Dike instead of Stike I bet you look just like that nut job in the pic grow up you little sissy Dike
  • Sardonicus
    Options

Are you saying that he does?
    Are you saying that a Man who practiced law for over two decades believes that the island of Guam would tip over because of too many troops garrisoned there?
    Are you saying that?
    Really?

• johnkitchens
    Options

Are you saying that he does?
    Are you saying that a Man who practiced law for over two decades believes that the island of Guam would tip over because of too many troops garrisoned there?
    Are you saying that?
    Really?

He said it. Was it stand up comic day that day? So I am supposed to believe that he asked the question all in fun? He didn't act like he was joking. 

• GATraveller
    Options

Don't feed the trolls.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    When I watched that, I thought it was obvious hyperbole. What was funny was how people interpreted it.  He proceeded the comment with the dimensions of the island - 12 miles long, 7 wide, etc.  He was trolling the session.
    Options
    If he had been a Republican he wouldn't have been given the benefit of a doubt. 

• Sardonicus
    Options
    You see, folks?
    THAT'S what too much viewing of FOX News does to a person's capacity for critical thought!

Beware.

• blasting
    Options
    Emoticons.  In a 95% male BBQ forum, it's a little odd to see all the cutesy smiley faces...

Not judging - just bustin' chops
    Phoenix 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    blasting said:
    If your parents talked like her parents, I imagine you would talk like her too.  

I agree completely.  The schools are scared to insist on proper English, but until they do, quality job prospects are greatly diminished for young blacks.  It's an unfortunate cycle.

Using your logic, all those dumb hicks with southern accents shouldn't be able to get quality jobs either.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    You see, folks?
    THAT'S what too much viewing of FOX News does to a person's capacity for critical thought!

Beware.
    I don't watch Fox News, but thank you for the stereotype. You just can't admit that a fellow Democrat made a dumb ass comment. You are drinking the Kool Aid. 

• Sardonicus
    Options
    You see, folks?

Beware.
    I don't watch Fox News, but thank you for the stereotype. You just can't admit that a fellow Democrat made a dumb ass comment. You are drinking the Kool Aid. 
    So you're sticking with the FOXesque stance that Representative Johnson believes that Guam will tip over if too many U.S. troops are stationed there?

Okay.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That guy is super smart.  He is known for a deadpan sense of humor.  Chock it up to the "drive by media" to take metaphors and hyperbole out of context.  That comment is so ridiculous it speaks volumes about anyone who would believe it literally.  By the way, the Onion is satire, in case anyone didn't know, and Stephen Colbert is satire also.  Both of these sources have been quoted by the same media that believe (although they probably don't - it's "doofus bait") Hank Johnson actually meant that literally.  LOLZ on the forum today.
    Options
    . . .That comment is so ridiculous it speaks volumes about anyone who would believe it literally.  . . .

Yes, it does.
    And not in a good way.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Using your logic, all those dumb hicks with southern accents shouldn't be able to get quality jobs either.
    Just for the record, some of us dumb, uneducated southerners with heavy accents actually own multiple homes that are paid for and do pretty good for ourselves in the grand scheme of things. Just saying yall, accent doesn't equate to ignorance. If it did, I would be in serious trouble. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.