Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What flips your lid?

Options

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Sorry.  Banks just aren't that sympathetic of a character.  Try again please.
    Not sure what that was supposed to mean, but I'm a retired bank administrator from a different era and once was responsible for 18 full service branches . Sincerely caring for each customer meant something and carried teeth if an employee didn't! Competition for customer deposits (which meant money to loan out) and for borrowers (which meant the income to be made over and above the interest paid out on deposits) were extremely important. The rate spreads paid and earned back then were oftentimes wicked and very narrow.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited August 2015
    Options
    SMH
    As someone pointed out earlier, those panels that are seen at ATM drive-thru lanes are the same panels used at walk-up ATMs.  it is simply more efficient for manufacturers to produce one item rather than incur the costs associated with changeover and inventory management of multiple items.

Apologies. Often, facts disrupt time-worn narratives.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• BuckeyeFork
    Options
    Nothing personal RRP.  America more greater with ADA, it's not perfect, but better than without.  Banks having to toe the line on a few wrinkles, not something to get chapped about.

Banks are different than people, banks are corporations.  I am sure you were a demanding but fair boss that cared for your people and your customers.  You are not a bank.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Did I already mention my employees and customers?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Life would be so much easier without those silly customers... :smiley: 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    +1 on those pesky customers who want it now and right.  =)

Also, the salesmen that stick up for them and blame us lowly manufacturing guys. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    When my lump shows up beaten up and dust everywhere....
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Lit said:
    Post of the day.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Lit said:
    I've been waiting on this post. Bet it killed you to wait this long.  =)
  • Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Options
    DRUNK DRIVERS!!!!
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @RRP, couldn't agree more!!  Much of ADA is senseless debacle with an occasional good point.  Most government imposed rules create problems and waste, oh and more taxes.  Same page brother.
    I'll make sure that all my patients who I've written ADA letters of accommodation for to ensure that they receive fair and equitable treatment to allow them to be productive members of society know that you think that the law guaranteeing this is senseless overall. I'm sure they'll appreciate your candor about something that gives them the ability to provide for their families.

Bless your heart.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    DMW said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Life would be so much easier without those silly customers... :smiley: 

For us gubmint guys, it's taxpayers.  Heh! Heh!
    Flint, Michigan
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Five pages, and I don't think anyone has mentioned the most obvious:

crazy ex-wives

Ya'll can take a break,  I can fill up the next five pages,  just on this subject.

Phoenix 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    People who use the word "irregardless" 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    "I could care less"
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I am surprised how many people care about grammatical correctness. You must be angry all the time.
  • GATraveller
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Elected officials that are this stupid.....and the people who voted for him/her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cesSRfXqS1Q 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options
    Elected officials that are this stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndXDvqCZ44g
    "Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• GATraveller
    Options

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Options
    As much as I luv my gatas, that was imbarrison.
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    ^^now that's funny^^

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Political Correctness

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    gpsegg said:
    As much as I luv my gatas, that was imbarrison.
    Please tell me she was just a guest there.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If your parents talked like her parents, I imagine you would talk like her too.  Go Gators.
    ...religious and political 'discussions' on a barbecue forum.

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    ...religious and political 'discussions' on a barbecue forum.

how bout a global barbecue =)

Ominous statistic reveals Earth is heating up  fast

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it