Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm impressed

Options
I have been lurking for quite sometime and I can say that im quite impressed with this forum.  There's always that jaw jocking that happens on forums, but overall it seems to be clean fun on here.  I left another BBQ forum because it became pervasive in nature and many of the individuals started making racism and socio-economic degradation remarks remarks and I wasn't having any of that.  I'm glad you'll a good group of fellers(and ladies) that provide great feedback to ways to spend more money.

I don't post much as I can learn most everything without posting.  But I wanted to tip my hat to y'all on here.

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Yes, things stay mostly civilized here.

In regards to your posting activity (or lack thereof)... glad you've been able to benefit from what you're finding here. Please consider the value that you would provide others by sharing some of your cooks with us.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Cannot say anything over here will get political at times, hey we all have our views of what is best.  I have seen one or two threads that went a little racist, but at the end of the day, all is well.  Kinda like growing up.  You'd fight with your friend on the playground, tell him/them they're not allowed in your yard, but by night time, they're spending the night with you.  

There are many good people on this site with tons of knowledge and skill sets.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    wicket03 said:
    I have been lurking for quite sometime and I can say that im quite impressed with this forum.  There's always that jaw jocking that happens on forums, but overall it seems to be clean fun on here.  I left another BBQ forum because it became pervasive in nature and many of the individuals started making racism and socio-economic degradation remarks remarks and I wasn't having any of that.  I'm glad you'll a good group of fellers(and ladies) that provide great feedback to ways to spend more money.

I don't post much as I can learn most everything without posting.  But I wanted to tip my hat to y'all on here.
    Agree with you 100% .. what I also like over the 'other' forums is that the BGE forum is very easy to navigate, very simple layout for a simple guy like me.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I will agree, that this is an excellent bunch. Most here do not have an agenda other than helping you empty your wallet in pursuit of good eats. The other thing that is amazing is the vast differences in socioeconomics. Most people would think that a forum for eggers would be filled with the upper-crust. But that is simply not the case. There is a giant spread, and nobody cares. Sure, it is nice to see a beautiful backyard, but we are more interested in the grub. The thing we all have in common is the pursuit of good food and good camaraderie. I have never seen the kind of trust on a forum--ever, I have experienced here. I know of no other forum that people do secret santa. And this one is no joke. People here really work hard finding unique items for their box. Heck, I spent more time on that than I did on Christmas for my wife.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    I will agree, that this is an excellent bunch. Most here do not have an agenda other than helping you empty your wallet in pursuit of good eats. The other thing that is amazing is the vast differences in socioeconomics. Most people would think that a forum for eggers would be filled with the upper-crust. But that is simply not the case. There is a giant spread, and nobody cares. Sure, it is nice to see a beautiful backyard, but we are more interested in the grub. The thing we all have in common is the pursuit of good food and good camaraderie. I have never seen the kind of trust on a forum--ever, I have experienced here. I know of no other forum that people do secret santa. And this one is no joke. People here really work hard finding unique items for their box. Heck, I spent more time on that than I did on Christmas for my wife.
    Not sure I'd have mentioned that!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Jstroke said:

Well said sir.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Jstroke
    Options
    Thanks for that Hotch. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Lots of good folks around here who would give you the shirt off their back - no questions asked.  Welcome.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options

I have learned lots here, great group of like minded eaters!

Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Lots of good folks around here who would give you the shirt off their back - no questions asked.  Welcome.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Welcome and enjoy the fun,  I have gotten good advice here and not all of it was about cooking on the Egg.   Hope to see more post from you. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Welcome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Everything I have learned about cooking came from this forum. Everything I have learned about HVAC repair, came from this forum. Everything I have learned about anything when I needed guidence, I got from these folks. I use this forum more than google, it is faster, and I trust it more. Have fun!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    Learning and sharing, what this place is all about!  Enjoy and welcome
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Welcome!  You're in good company (mostly  ;)).  Enjoy the experience!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • wicket03
    wicket03 Posts: 11
    Options
    Back to lurking.
  • plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    Options
    Its all good clean fun...just don't try to sell your t-shirts here :o
    Beaufort, SC
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @wicket03, we'd love to see your cooks.  Way better than lurking and we all love learning from each other's cooks.  Give it a go.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jstroke
    Options
    Wicket good observations are always a welcome addition. They can help tame the flames that sometimes start to jump from tree to tree
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. Around here we cook and just get along. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    texaswig said:
    Usually, but sometimes we drink and get kind of ornery... :smiley: 

@wicket03 - Welcome!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    DMW said:
    texaswig said:
    Usually, but sometimes we drink and get kind of ornery... :smiley: 

@wicket03 - Welcome!
    And sometimes we drink and have cat gif wars. Those are the best. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Trust me @wicket03 as much fun as lurking is, participating is much better. Just don't say anything completely ignorant and it's all good times. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Forum is currently in mania.  Hang around here for a little bit and wait for the boys to start boozin'.   :o

It can get Lord of the Flies here real quick....like 0 to 100 egga, real quick.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Trust me @wicket03 as much fun as lurking is, participating is much better. Just don't say anything completely ignorant and it's all good times. 
    Yeah leave the ignorant stuff to me, I got that covered!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    I think I'm quicker to post my failures than my successes, post away and share a little bit of who you are.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I talk pretty one day.
    Options
    wicket03 said:
    Back to lurking.
    Don't do it brother. Jump on in, the water is fine. You can really have a blast here if you get to know folks. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options

Unless you're devastated. Then you're just screwed. lol

@wicket03, Welcome and continue to enjoy lurking, but always keep in mind the forum would love to hear/see your input.

Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming