Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC coolers ready to ship.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited August 2015
    Photo Egg said:
    They have a very large warehouse in this location. The coolers are not their only venture. 
    I know brother. They have their hands in several things. I'm glad that I'm not the only one saying it now. Again, thanks for making the trek over and thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    @Photo Egg Several weeks back when I was working at Ingleside, Tx. I got see just a cut away like the one sitting on top in the pic. If they haven't changed it, the lids are thicker than what's on my Yeti 50. Again I didn't get to see a assembled cooler, just a cut away prototype. I hope that they retained the thickness. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Yes, John did point out that the thicker lid was a great improvement. Vastly helps those who use the coolers in direct sun.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SGH
    Photo Egg said:
    Yes, John did point out that the thicker lid was a great improvement. Vastly helps those who use the coolers in direct sun.
    Thicker is always better my friend. For whatever reason, the lid and the bottom on my Yeti is thinner than the walls. 

Status- Standing by.

• Photo Egg
    I could see skimping on the bottom but not the top.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SGH
    Photo Egg said:
    The bottom sitting on the hot steel in the back of a pick up truck gets pretty hot my friend.  

Status- Standing by.

• Photo Egg
    edited August 2015
    SGH said:
    Photo Egg said:
    The bottom sitting on the hot steel in the back of a pick up truck gets pretty hot my friend.  
    Very true...but at lease the feet give it a little air pocket.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SGH
    Photo Egg said:
    Very true...but at lease the feet give it a little air pocket.
    I took the feet off of my Yeti :o
    I did this so it would slide easier. 

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    edited August 2015
    SGH said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Thicker is always better my friend. For whatever reason, the lid and the bottom on my Yeti is thinner than the walls. 
    The sides have the most surface area in contact with the ice/water slush mix so I would think that's where the thickest insulation is needed along with the bottom. With it being a sportsman cooler that you can stand on, the thicker side walls make the cooler stronger.  
  • SGH
    October/November? That's a far cry from August. Best of luck to you guys and gals.  I'm tapping out and not confirming my reservation. This doesn't pass my smell test anymore. I'll just go buy a Yeti or Pelican off the shelf if I decide I need one that badly. 
    Brother Double, I hope that you change your mind and get one of these while they are priced right. You can believe that in time they will increase in price dramatically my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    sounds legit to me but I will hold off until it is field tested by @SGH.  After last weekends camping trip and moving the yeti and MM I am over camping anyways.  This will be good for the deck.  
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • SGH
    McStew said:
    sounds legit to me but I will hold off until it is field tested by @SGH.  
    They are legit my friend. And you can believe as soon as I get mine it's getting the ice test along with a Pelican, Yeti and a Orca. A 4 way shootout between rotomolded coolers. 

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    I really wish it were more innovative rather than just being a clone. Put some damn wheels on it and then you'd have something! I quit using my Roadie on the boat because it's too heavy to carry down the marina dock. 
  • SGH
     I quit using my Roadie on the boat because it's too heavy to carry down the marina dock. 
    Sadly this is the case with all of the high end coolers. They are heavy. No getting around that part though. 

Status- Standing by.

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    K, paid up for two of the mid sized, one tan and one white so I can tell whats in which. 
    Thanks @SGH, strong work.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    I really wish it were more innovative rather than just being a clone. Put some damn wheels on it and then you'd have something! I quit using my Roadie on the boat because it's too heavy to carry down the marina dock. 
    Understandable, but any kind of rocking on your boat ride allows the cooler to slide back and forth if it has wheels, requiring it to be somehow secured.  No wheeled coolers on our boat. Now if they could come up with small wheels so it can be towed, but also a "kickstand" or a way to retract them - now you are talking!!!

Wait - I think I just found myself a project/3rd party product!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    ^^Thank you for the info @Brisket_Fanatic . ^^^
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    If the 20 is good quality when I receive it, I'll be ordering a 45 to round out my cooler collection and tossing my cheap crappy ones to the curb.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    DMW said:
    If the 20 is good quality when I receive it, I'll be ordering a 45 to round out my cooler collection and tossing my cheap crappy ones to the curb.
    Get ready to toss those cheap ones then. If you like Yeti, you will like these. Probably even more so. Thicker bottoms and lids. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    SGH said:
    DMW said:
    Get ready to toss those cheap ones then. If you like Yeti, you will like these. Probably even more so. Thicker bottoms and lids. 
    I don't have a Yeti, but do have a Pelican 65 which I really like. I'll compare the build quality and if the RTIC is similar, I'll be ordering. I do have to say, I really like the latches on the Pelican.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    DMW said:
    I don't have a Yeti, but do have a Pelican 65 which I really like. I'll compare the build quality and if the RTIC is similar, I'll be ordering. I do have to say, I really like the latches on the Pelican.
    The Pelicans are great. I have the 95. The latches on the Pelicans are definitely solid.  

Status- Standing by.

• Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Looks like a very nice cooler. I almost ordered one. Then I looked at the price. Compared to the Yeti it's a bargain. Compared to my Coleman 6 day marine extreme it was probably not worth spending money to get a nicer looking cooler. I paid under $40 for it including shipping a few years ago. When boating for a weekend I also use a very cheap Igloo cooler. I use that as my freezer. The little Igloo gets cooled off in my fridge and fits into my larger Coleman. I pack the Igloo with frozen items and just a couple of ice cubes and place it in the Coleman. That $10 Igloo will keep food frozen for almost 48 hours and because it only has a few ice cubes in it; nothing is submerged in water.
  • @Mikee ready to share that dough recipe yet?
  • @Mikee ready to share that dough recipe yet?
    I asked you a question now respond
  • DMW
    @Mikee ready to share that dough recipe yet?
    I'd still like his recipe for sweat BBQ sauce.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW said:
    He is a jack wagon
  • SGH
    DMW said:
    He is a jack wagon
    Easy brother Mask, they will kill my thread. PM him please. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    SGH, sorry for contributing to the jack wagonary, I will stand down. :wink: 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• sorry but he is a jack wagon