Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC coolers ready to ship.

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'll take the Yeti 50 off your hands if you like the RTICs better.  I love that 50 you have.
    Brother Ozzie I really like the Yeti 50 as well. The extra depth made it perfect for my intended use. I'm surprised that the Yeti 50 is the least popular in their small cooler line up. Heck to me the 50 was a no brainer. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Maxwell1331
    Options
    SGH said:
    Looks like the are going to charge you 100% up front and then it's a gamble from there ... 

Still thinking about picking up the little guy, it's a small risk at $125. 

Brother it's no risk. Go for it.  They just got a chunk of my change. They are not trying to rip anyone off. The guy owns one of the largest shipping companies in America. You will have proof of purchase if something was to go wrong.  Heck my credit card insures purchases up to 10 grand so it's a no lose. 
    Trigger pulled on a tan 20. A little brother for the Yeti 65. 
    LBGE, MiniMax, Weber Genesis and a hunger for all grilling knowledge! Aledo, TX
  • SGH
    Options
    So I did not reci be an email yet even though I did register. I just went ahead and preordered a 45 and 65. Do you think that through my spot in line off? Is there a link in the email that provides special order status or placement in line or did it just tell you to go ahead and order?
    Brother I'm not sure what the heck. I would call them tomorrow just to be sure. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Roadpuke0 said:
    Anyone use the PayPal option? It won't let me check on my iPad or iPhone 
    No sir, I used a Visa. 

Status- Standing by.

• A5firearms
    A5firearms Posts: 163
    Options
    @SGH did your email have a special link or simply take you or tell you to go to the website and order?
    Lake Keowee, SC
    XLarge, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Custom Table, KAB, Woo2, Guru DigiQ DX2,
    Family of 5 Meat Eaters
  • SGH
    Options
    @SGH did your email have a special link or simply take you or tell you to go to the website and order?
    Mine had a "preorder now" link.  

Status- Standing by.

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Thanks @SGH for posting this again. Waiting for the boss to see if I can order one. She wasn't happy when she found out the price of the Yeti ramblers but has since taken my twenty and if I leave the thirty at home she uses it as well.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • A5firearms
    A5firearms Posts: 163
    Options
    SGH said:
    Mine had a "preorder now" link.  
    Ok thanks bud. I guess if mine email does end up coming through I will make another order and cancel the order I just made to be sure I get mine quicker since I registered in July. Thanks @SGH!
    Lake Keowee, SC
    XLarge, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Custom Table, KAB, Woo2, Guru DigiQ DX2,
    Family of 5 Meat Eaters
  • SGH
    Options
    The link took me here:

Status- Standing by.

• Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    The live chat lady states pay pal is down and they hope to be corrected by tomorrow? Never had that one before but I'll wait and see. To the back of the line again:-(
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • SGH
    Options
    Roadpuke0 said:
     To the back of the line again:-(
    Don't give up brother. Hang in there and get one of these. 

Status- Standing by.

• jakebge
    jakebge Posts: 79
    Options
    I preordered back on July 2nd. Today's email said those that preordered back in July will receive their order by October 31st.  However, when I preordered today and made the deposit, they didn't verify that I had preordered back in July.  I assume they will confirm I ordered back in July by cross checking my email.  But, you know what happens when you assume.

Hopefully, by preordering back in July and paying today that I am still at the front of the line and receive it by October 31st.

Pee Wee football season will almost be over by Oct 31st and I was looking forward to keep the drinks cold for the players using the RTIC.  Also, there goes my idea for purchasing pink coolers for the team.   =)
  • SGH
    Options
    jakebge said:
    Hopefully, by preordering back in July and paying today that I am still at the front of the line and receive it by October 31st.

I hope that this is the case as well. I have been looking forward to getting one since I shared the link.  

Status- Standing by.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @SGH Ok mine is done. A roadie and a 65. Thanks Scottie
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    SGH said:
    I'll take the Yeti 50 off your hands if you like the RTICs better.  I love that 50 you have.
    Brother Ozzie I really like the Yeti 50 as well. The extra depth made it perfect for my intended use. I'm surprised that the Yeti 50 is the least popular in their small cooler line up. Heck to me the 50 was a no brainer. 
    I got the Yeti 50 as well. Wanted the extra height for taller bottles. Makes a better seat also as it sits higher.
  • SGH
    Options
    Hotch said:
    @SGH Ok mine is done. A roadie and a 65. Thanks Scottie
    My pleasure brother. I hope that you enjoy them.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    I got the Yeti 50 as well. Wanted the extra height for taller bottles. Makes a better seat also as it sits higher.
    Agreed. Thus far I have been well pleased with the 50.  

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Ordered my white 20!   =)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    cazzy said:
    A man of your money should have ordered 5 of every size ;) Hope that you enjoy it man. 

Status- Standing by.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    These threads will be really interesting once yall actually take possession of these coolers. Especially the ones that also own yetis. Then, I might take the plunge. Call me a wuss. It's ok, I was called much worse by several people today. Lol
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    These threads will be really interesting once yall actually take possession of these coolers. Especially the ones that also own yetis. Then, I might take the plunge. Call me a wuss. It's ok, I was called much worse by several people today. Lol
    I will give you a honest assessment of the RTIC's once I get my hands on it. I have a Pelican, Yeti and 4 Orcas to compare it to. If they are junk, I will be the very first to say it brother Miah. 

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    SGH said:
    cazzy said:
    A man of your money should have ordered 5 of every size ;) Hope that you enjoy it man. 
    LOL

The 20 is perfect for what I need it.  I have a huge igloo ice chest that is good for the heavy lifting.  I want something for road trips to keep the kids drinks cold.  Also, the 20 is perfect for when I send my wife to work with BBQ.  For large amounts of food transport, I use my Cambros.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    cazzy said:
    LOL

The 20 is perfect for what I need it.  I have a huge igloo ice chest that is good for the heavy lifting.  I want something for road trips to keep the kids drinks cold.  Also, the 20 is perfect for when I send my wife to work with BBQ.  For large amounts of food transport, I use my Cambros.
    You know I was just messing with you above. I don't really need them either, but it's hard for me to pass on a good deal. Wish these would have came out a few years ago.  

Status- Standing by.

• jakebge
    jakebge Posts: 79
    Options
    SGH said:
    Jeremiah said:
    I will give you a honest assessment of the RTIC's once I get my hands on it. I have a Pelican, Yeti and 4 Orcas to compare it to. If they are junk, I will be the very first to say it brother Miah. 
    It's none of my business but why do you need so many coolers?  

Has anyone pre-purchased the new ORCA Chaser?
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    I chatted with them today.  Apparently you need to complete the order process again choosing tan or white and make a payment.  After that the system will match your previous pre-order to your phone number/and or your email securing your place in line. So if you ordered in July, you can still expect it by Oct 31st.
  • SGH
    Options
    jakebge said:
    It's none of my business but why do you need so many coolers?  

Has anyone pre-purchased the new ORCA Chaser?
    It's not so much of a actual need as it is a want. However I am a avid fisherman and they certainly get put to use. Two stays on the boat at all times, one in the back of the truck, so that's three of them that are not available for everyday use. I like to have a spare or two on hand for just whatever. As to the ORCA chaser, no sir, I haven't.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    stv8r said:
    I chatted with them today.  Apparently you need to complete the order process again choosing tan or white and make a payment.  After that the system will match your previous pre-order to your phone number/and or your email securing your place in line. So if you ordered in July, you can still expect it by Oct 31st.
    I thought that this was the case but I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for clarifying my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• loveTheEgg
    loveTheEgg Posts: 573
    Options
    Just ordered my 6. 1 20 and 5 45's  :)
    Brandon, MS
  • SGH
    Options
    Just ordered my 6. 1 20 and 5 45's  :)
    Awesome brother. Hope you enjoy them.  

Status- Standing by.

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Order placed.
    GWN