Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

These BGE prices look pretty good to me. Indy.

Options
My buddy forwarded me this from Indy. 

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Road trip!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That's solid!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Meeeshigan22
    Options
    Been really wanting a mini max and I happen to be driving through Indy this week. My wife would kill me, just bought a 2nd large last week.
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @Meeeshigan22, sell her on how "cute" it is!  Worth risking your life! =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Wonder why they don't have the medium?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    SGH said:
    Wonder why they don't have the medium?
    That's exactly what I was thinking as my next BGE will be a medium.

Although I recently have started wondering if my next smoker should be a low cost offset smoker?  Maybe something with enough room for 8 to 10 racks of ribs that doesn't break the bank. 

Any suggestions as to what I should look at?
    Can you place charcoal in the main meat area of an offset if you want to do some grilling?
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    Can you place charcoal in the main meat area of an offset if you want to do some grilling?
    You can, but it's not ideal. It will speed the corrosion rate of cook chamber wall. And if your rig is painted, where the coal is sitting the paint will peel on the outside of the wall. However there is a solution and a easy remedy for this. Use a coal pan in the bottom of your cook chamber. Or at a minimum line the bottom of your rig with a piece of sheet metal. Here is just such a pan in the vertical section of Unit #6. I use this when I want to grill of cook direct fired. The pan is a real chamber saver my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    Dang I was at Ball State University last night I would have drove a hour south for a MM, my local dealer wants 649.00 with a plate setter.
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I happen to be in Indianapolis for the next 2 nights- think a MM qualifies as a carry-on?

Greensboro, NC
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Those prices are tempting for sure!  I bet no Mediums because they get full MSRP no problem on those.

Love my medium, can't recommend it enough.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • clifkincaid
    Options
    Our store sells BGE so I get them at cost. My MM was 360 and the large will be 570 when I get it. Just a little braggin =) All BGE accessories at cost also.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Our store sells BGE so I get them at cost. My MM was 360 and the large will be 570 when I get it. Just a little braggin =) All BGE accessories at cost also.
    Wow, that's cheap.  I thought dealer cost was a big secret.  Good to know.
    All of you that are about to be in Indy, you should know that the Indy Eggfest is this Saturday also. It is at Sullivan's Ace Hardware.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • A5firearms
    A5firearms Posts: 163
    Options
    I am sure it probably WAS a closely guarded secret...
    Lake Keowee, SC
    XLarge, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Custom Table, KAB, Woo2, Guru DigiQ DX2,
    Family of 5 Meat Eaters
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    I am sure it probably WAS a closely guarded secret...
    And now the Moderator pulls down the thread.  I'd buy a MM for 360 too!

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Well, I WAS going to say that was a great price on MM, then @clifkincaid peed down my leg. 
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Options
    All of you that are about to be in Indy, you should know that the Indy Eggfest is this Saturday also. It is at Sullivan's Ace Hardware.
    Not to sound picky but it's actually Sullivan's Do It Best Hardware store at 71st and Keystone Saturday. Starts @ 10am and goes to 4pm I believe.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Well, I WAS going to say that was a great price on MM, then @clifkincaid peed down my leg. 
    Nah, that's just rain.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nah, that's just rain.
    Incontinence?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • clifkincaid
    Options
    Nah, that's just rain.
    I wish for Rain!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I saw a MM w/plate setter for $270 brand new, but not sure if I want it or not.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I want a medium 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    dihtn said:
    Not to sound picky but it's actually Sullivan's Do It Best Hardware store at 71st and Keystone Saturday. Starts @ 10am and goes to 4pm I believe.
    Oops. Did it used to be Ace? My apologies to the fine folks at Sullivan's!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    I thought I got a good deal on my large at $830 tax and all.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    You saw a mini or mini max w/ plate setter for $270?  If it is the latter and you passed, that is silly IMO.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    cazzy said:
    You saw a mini or mini max w/ plate setter for $270?  If it is the latter and you passed, that is silly IMO.
    Minimax for $270.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Minimax for $270.
    $90 below "alleged" cost and less than half of retail and you didn't bring it home...you're not too bright.  :tongue: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    cazzy said:
    cazzy said:
    Minimax for $270.
    $90 below "alleged" cost and less than half of retail and you didn't bring it home...you're not too bright.  :tongue: 
    I'd be walking my big tail home with a MM for that price... 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    For $270 bucks I'd stick that at the in laws house just so I could have some decent meat in Sundays. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    At $270 I figured it wouldn't be as good as the regular price of $579.