Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is your favorite Bob Dylan tune?

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
It is hard for me to choose between Tangled up in Blue and Desolation Row. Going with Desolation Row I think. What a catalog of tuneage. What's yours?
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Rainy day Women # 12 & 35!
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    Subterranean Homesick Blues. The original rap song and a great video to boot.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Tangled up in Blue. From an old washed up blues guitarist. Great question cuz Jimmy would've said All Along the Watchtower. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    None.  That dude couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    True -but he was the most significant poet of his time, Like a Rolling Stone.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Like a Rolling Stone and All Along the Watchtower.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    I shall be released.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Very difficult to choose just one, it changes frequently.  Ultimately I think it would have to come down to Visions of Johanna, Shelter From the Storm, or the Live 1966 version of Tombstone Blues.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    blasting said:
    Mine also.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Positively 4th Street.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Everything is Broken
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    I recommend Tom O'Brien 's album "Red on Blonde" .... all the great lyrics by a guy who can sing.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    He was good with the other Travelling Wilburys
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Positively 4th Street:

"I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes
    And just for that one moment I could be you
    Yes, I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes
    You'd know what a drag it is to see you"

LBGE 2015 - Atlanta
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    He was an amazing songwriter but I prefer covers of his songs.

"All Along the Watchtower" -Hendrix
    “Don't Think Twice, It's Alright” -Doc and Merle Watson

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    "Some people have such good taste they can't enjoy anything.”
    Marty Rubin
    Sorry, but to me he sounds like...

Flint, Michigan
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options
    Have a sit through Blonde on Blonde, Nashville Skyline, Blood on the Tracks, New Morning, John Wesley Harding, Time out of Mind, Love and Theft and most recently Shadows in the Night, where he uncovers Frank Sinatra songs and tell me he can't sing.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Girl from the North Country
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Back in the day, he was the man.

Flash forward to current time, read an interview with him not too long ago, the interviewer acknowledge his incredible contribution to the 60's ..

... how his songs even today are still making an impact.

Then the interviewer asked him a question that I'd often wondered : Hey Bob, all the great songs you wrote 'back in the day' .. why can't you do that today?

His response, 'I just don't have it in me anymore ... today, I'm just a paycheck musician trying to pay bills.'
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    ....the interviewer asked him a question that I'd often wondered : Hey Bob, all the great songs you wrote 'back in the day' .. why can't you do that today?

His response, 'I just don't have it in me anymore ... today, I'm just a paycheck musician trying to pay bills.'
    Bob has to make significant changes to his older songs to fit the range of his voice today. The old guy still can wale today. I even prefer his more current material to his old classics. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited August 2015
    Options
    SoCalTim said:

Flash forward to current time, read an interview with him not too long ago, the interviewer acknowledge his incredible contribution to the 60's ..

Then the interviewer asked him a question that I'd often wondered : Hey Bob, all the great songs you wrote 'back in the day' .. why can't you do that today?

Guess he never say this:

https://youtu.be/TRY7Wvim8-8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth  .. that Pelosi is one wicked evil nasty woman. 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    NP and HC are in a dead heat for the title of  - Most Unlikable Woman on the Planet
    Phoenix 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited August 2015
    Options
    SoCalTim said:

Guess he never say this:

https://youtu.be/TRY7Wvim8-8
    Thanks for that.......now I have heartburn :sick: 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone Hey Fred here's some caterwauling for ya buddy!
    http://youtu.be/tUH013avhjw

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Lay Lady Lay or Kansas City ( I like Mumford's and Elvis Costello's cover of KC, better)
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Bob Dylan - Hurricane 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 392
    Options
    I love Girl from the North Country with Johnny Cash. Also love Tangled up in Blue and Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat. I just love all his older stuff. 
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE