Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great use for leftover pulled pork

Options
I don't post on here much anymore, but this was too good not to share.

I like the egg so much and have been using it a lot lately. It is even helping me lose weight

by making meals fun and lower carb than I would normally eat.

So tonight I made quesadillas using leftover pulled pork. Topped the cheese and pork quesadillas with homemade salsa, peppers and sour cream. Served with

corn and more pulled pork. Drizzled the entire thing with Tiger Sauce. Another winner, but maybe too many peppers.

A good use for leftover pulled pork.

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Yes sir!!!!   That looks fantastic!!! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Looks good to me man. I'll take a plate.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great repurpose!  Looks outstanding!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    I've used it in pizzas before but quesadillas would be awesome. Looks great!
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    That looks awesome!  Close to my dinner time, so now I'm hungry.  It's amazing what can be done with pulled pork and how economical it is when you consider all the meals you get to enjoy. 
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Whoa!   That looks droolsome.
    I've used leftover PP in tacos a lot, but just didn't think of QDs.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • blukat
    blukat Posts: 354
    Options
    Looks good!  I took some leftover pulled pork last week and make a loaded baked potato and put pulled pork over it with BBQ sauce.  Not too healthy but very good! 
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    mahenryak said:
    That looks awesome!  Close to my dinner time, so now I'm hungry.  It's amazing what can be done with pulled pork and how economical it is when you consider all the meals you get to enjoy. 
    Yeah, our local grocer had butts for $1.18 per pound a couple of weeks ago. We ate plenty, put several bags in the freezer and have been enjoying leftovers several different ways. What we did not eat tonight will become pulled pork omelette in the morning. 
  • epcotisbest
    Options

blukat said:
    Looks good!  I took some leftover pulled pork last week and make a loaded baked potato and put pulled pork over it with BBQ sauce.  Not too healthy but very good! 
    That is a good idea, but I bet the carb count is through the roof.
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    jaydub58 said:
    Whoa!   That looks droolsome.
    I've used leftover PP in tacos a lot, but just didn't think of QDs.
    Yeah, so many things you can do with leftovers.