Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just some stuffed crap.

Options
13»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited August 2015
    Options
    is this the stuffing you used on the pork shoulders
    No sir, this seafood stuffing will not hold up to the time it takes to get a pork shoulder done. The stuffing for the shoulders contains 3 different types of sausage and bacon. The seafood will dry out and become hard. I do not recommend this stuffing for any cook over about 3 hours without making some kind of change or adjustment to it. It will be akin to concrete brother Mask. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Does SGH stand for "Some Great Hash"?  Cause that's what it looks like.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • SGH
    Options
    500 said:
    Does SGH stand for "Some Great Hash"?  Cause that's what it looks like.
    It actually stands for Scottie G. Horton. But I will take the kind compliment just the same my friend. Thank you brother. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    texaswig said:
    Those look good man. I really love stuffed mushrooms. They are pretty steep priced at restaurants also. Never made them. This has got to change. 
    Mushrooms are not real expensive in my area luckily. You say that you have never made them above, you should definitely give them a try. They are very simple to make and they are down right delicious. We actually stuff them with several different things, just depending on what we are in the mood far. Fresh ground sausage is always a winner in them as well as the seafood stuffing. Because they cook so fast, the sky is the limit as to what you can do to them. And thanks again for the kind words and compliments my friend.  

Status- Standing by.

• pescadorzih
    Options
    Mighty fine looking grub there @SGH!
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • SGH
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    meant to ask, did you de-bone the chicken as well?
    Yes sir, it's totally deboned. See the leg below sliced into 3 pieces cross ways. No bones at all my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • SGH
    Options
    @henapple - I have been tinkering around with these stuffed chickens for a while and have about got them where I want them. I think you will like these Uncle Apple. They are considerably better than the last ones in my opinion. 

Status- Standing by.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    There's no way they're better. That & #@^ is incredible. Much, much better than brisket. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    I don't have a Seal of Approval, but my heavens that is some delightful looking grub. Cheers
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @TTC..... Come to brisket camp 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    This may make it worth the drive for brisket camp. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Wow - all I can say is that I'm looking forward to meeting you and your food at brisket camp!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • hoofaloos
    hoofaloos Posts: 242
    Options
    PERFECT!!
    XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Scottie your knife work on the deboning etc is Nina like :wink: All the grub looks spot on and the sliced pics show a nice uniformity in the stuffing/roll...as you know this doesn't happen by luck or accident. Excellent work my friend. :clap: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    Wow - all I can say is that I'm looking forward to meeting you and your food at brisket camp!
    Thank you brother. I'm looking forward to meeting you as well my friend.

This may make it worth the drive for brisket camp. 

Thank you brother.  I hope to see you there as well. 

hoofaloos said:
    PERFECT!!
    Thank you brother.

Scottie your knife work on the deboning etc is Nina like :wink: All the grub looks spot on and the sliced pics show a nice uniformity in the stuffing/roll...as you know this doesn't happen by luck or accident. Excellent work my friend. :clap: 
    As always, thank you brother Husker. In all seriousness, I'm not near as good with a knife as I use to be. At one time I was pretty decent and could hold my own pretty well. My old hands are just so broken up that it's a real struggle now. Hey, but I give it what I got. And thanks again my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Glad to see your back posting some awesome cooks @SGH .

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • SGH
    Options
    Hawg Fan said:
    Glad to see your back posting some awesome cooks @SGH .
    Thank you brother. I really appreciate the kind words my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    @henapple I would love to come to brisket camp, but it is during my biggest tradeshow. I will be standing around in a suit and tie trying to be nice to people (two of my least favorite things)
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer