Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fresh caught blackened bass

Options

Comments

• Meeeshigan22
    Options
    What's the catch? They're not black yet

Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • walleyv
    walleyv Posts: 147
    Options
    The misses caught hers on a watermelon lizard and I was catching them with a purple rattle trap. Blackened filets with chief Paul's seasoning sure was fine.  
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That looks good.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    My wife doesn't mind my fishing. But it's even better when your wife fishes too. 

Nice CI too. 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks great to me. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Anything from the waters.  Good eats there brother!  Give us the plated shot next cook, please.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • walleyv
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Anything from the waters.  Good eats there brother!  Give us the plated shot next cook, please.
    I would have put a plated pic on but it was eaten too fast. 
  • walleyv
    Options

My wife doesn't mind my fishing. But it's even better when your wife fishes too. 

Nice CI too. 
    My wife is fishing machine. 
  • walleyv
    Options

SGH said:
    Looks great to me. 
    They were fantastic SGH.  BTW they were caught about 100 miles north of you in east central Miss.  

• SGH
    Options
    walleyv said:
    They were fantastic SGH.  BTW they were caught about 100 miles north of you in east central Miss.  

Glad that they turned out great my friend. Are from that area by chance?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• walleyv
    Options
    SGH said:
    walleyv said:

Glad that they turned out great my friend. Are from that area by chance?
    Born and raised here for 51 years. I've traveled all over the world and wouldn't want to live anywhere but here. 
  • SGH
    Options
    walleyv said:
    Born and raised here for 51 years. I've traveled all over the world and wouldn't want to live anywhere but here. 
    If you ever find yourself a little south and just this side of Biloxi, give me a shout and swing by. We will whip up a brisket or four.  

Status- Standing by.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options

Nice CI too. 
    My buddy's wife entered in a local fishing tournament this weekend and she pulled in the biggest carp. 30lbs. She won $300 and picture in the local paper. What did her husband do? He was the beer bit*h. He had to drive 30 miles to bring his wife beer Saturday while she was out fishing! I lover it! =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SGH
    Options
    walleyv said:
     Blackened filets with chief Paul's seasoning sure was fine.  
    I'm assuming that's Paul Prudhommes blackening season? Is so, you are correct.. It's incredible. Heck I have even used it on ribs in a pinch before. Great stuff for sure.  

Status- Standing by.

• walleyv
    Options
    SGH said:
    walleyv said:
     Blackened filets with chief Paul's seasoning sure was fine.  
    I'm assuming that's Paul Prudhommes blackening season? Is so, you are correct.. It's incredible. Heck I have even used it on ribs in a pinch before. Great stuff for sure.  

You are correct.  I've used the same stuff on pork chops in the past and they turned out really good.
  • walleyv
    Options
    SGH said:
    walleyv said:
    If you ever find yourself a little south and just this side of Biloxi, give me a shout and swing by. We will whip up a brisket or four.  

We don't get to Biloxi that often but next time we do we might just take you up on the invite.  Thanks.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Try a watermelon zoom centipede when things get slow... Texas or Carolina rig? 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • walleyv
    Options

henapple said:
    Try a watermelon zoom centipede when things get slow... Texas or Carolina rig? 

Texas rigged.  I use the centipede when its hot.  The weather was perfect yesterday. We caught 23 in about an hour and a half.
  • henapple
    Options
    Damn... I hate you. Fish Guntersville? 
  • walleyv
    Options
    henapple said:
    Damn... I hate you. Fish Guntersville? 

Not Guntersville but out of my lake.  Didn't even have to use the boat.
  • henapple
    Options
    Nice... Mad jelly 
  • SGH
    Options
    walleyv said:
    We don't get to Biloxi that often but next time we do we might just take you up on the invite.  Thanks.
    I hope that you do. Give me a heads up if you are ever headed this way. Number is #228-627-5400. Name is Scottie. 

Status- Standing by.