Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftover ribs--- rib meat and jalapeño pimento cheese melt on ciabatta

Options
Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929
Had some leftover rib meat from yesterday's strange cook. Cut the meat up, tossed some of the sauce @Acn gave me in the sauce exchange and warmed the meat with the sauce. Threw a generous spoonful of the pimento cheese one one half of the ciabatta and the meat on the other. Warmed in my indoor clock for a bit and boy was this killer 
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a slam dunk to me. Way to improvise brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    AWESOME!
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Dude!!!   That rocks!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    That looks tasty! 

Options
    Good Lord that looks unreal. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Yep, that looks awesome. I could use one of those right now! Recently I've been trying to cut down on the carbs so anything that comes up with bread, or sandwiches, or pasta, or noodles, or pizza, or beer, or dessert looks exceptionally delicious.

On the plus side my clothes seem to actually fit again, so I guess I can't complain too much...

Nice post, thanks!

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    My man.  B)  That looks freaking unreal. 
  • EggNashville
    Options
    A just showed this to the girlfriend..."see babe, this is why I love this forum...look at what ole @Chubbs threw together!"

As always, well played sir!

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    That sounds like an outstanding flavor combo.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    That looks fantastic!  We've having pulled pork for dinner, I have a suspicion I know how the leftovers will get used...

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Oh hell yes.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Two southern staples in one. Brilliant!
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Oh Holy Crap. I think I'm in love
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Thanks all. This really was unreal. Not healthy but damn was it tasty
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Healthy is overrated. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    What? Store bought pimento cheese? WTF? Just kidding. I'da torn that sammich apart. Killer.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Chubbs
    Options
    Griffin said:
    What? Store bought pimento cheese? WTF? Just kidding. I'da torn that sammich apart. Killer.
    Haha. Usually make my own but this was thrown together and the store bought is hard to beat. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Just messin with ya, Chubbs cuz I know you can take a little ribbin'. Looks fantastic, as I said. You know what cracks me up? All the stuff that has a gluten free label on it these days. When did pimento cheese ever have gluten in it? And if its gluten free, it must be good for you. IE Cheetos are good for ya cuz they are gluten free. Whippee!! Sorry...I'm rambling now. SLow day at work.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Chubbs
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Just messin with ya, Chubbs cuz I know you can take a little ribbin'. Looks fantastic, as I said. You know what cracks me up? All the stuff that has a gluten free label on it these days. When did pimento cheese ever have gluten in it? And if its gluten free, it must be good for you. IE Cheetos are good for ya cuz they are gluten free. Whippee!! Sorry...I'm rambling now. SLow day at work.
    I agree. Kind of comical. My SIL is a nutritionist. I love making comments like that to her.