Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just some stuffed crap.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I'm a little disappointed it wasn't the old rusty weber kettle.
    I save the ole Weber for special occasions my friend. May break it out tomorrow though ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,050
    Outstanding brother SGH!!   B)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    You go Scottie!
    SciAggie said:
    What I really enjoy about this forum is that folks are just great cooks. People turn out great grub and don't think it was anything special - and they are willing to share. Nice cook and thanks for making this forum a better place.
    I enjoy the same thing about this forum that you stated above. There really is some exceptional people and very accomplished pitmasters on here. And most of them are more than willing to offer any help that they can. And thank you for the very kind and thoughtful words my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Dyal_SC said:
    Outstanding brother SGH!!   B)
    Thank you brother.

You go Scottie!
    Thank you brother. This is the same chickens we did at brisket camp last year. Just had a taste for them tonight. 

Status- Standing by.

• i got to try this^^^^^^^ the shrimp don't over cook?
  • SGH
    i got to try this^^^^^^^ the shrimp don't over cook?
    No sir. Just be sure to pull it when the stuffing hits 155-160 degrees. The chicken will be done as well when the stuffing hits this temp. For clarity, use raw shrimp, not precooked and they will turn out perfect brother Mask. 

Status- Standing by.

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Yeah that is phenomenal man. The stuffing looks amazing. Nicely done!!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SGH
    Yeah that is phenomenal man. The stuffing looks amazing. Nicely done!!!
    Thank you brother. I'm honestly not just saying it because I make it, but the stuffing is to die for. I can eat just it by its self. Thanks again. 

Status- Standing by.

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Every time I see these I am blown away- @sgh have you posted the recipe before?  I have got to try this one- looks absolutely amazing.  Just curious- Have you ever tried with a deboned chicken?
    Greensboro, NC
  • SGH
    Wolfpack said:
    Every time I see these I am blown away- @sgh have you posted the recipe before?  I have got to try this one- looks absolutely amazing.  Just curious- Have you ever tried with a deboned chicken?
    I have shared the recipe and steps before, but it was on someone else's thread. Don't remember who's it was. These birds are totally deboned. I have never stuffed birds with the bones still in.  And thank you for the kind words and compliments brother Wolf.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @Wolfpack
    I will gladly type up and post the steps to making the stuffing if you would like. 

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Your stuffed crap can be on my table and demolished in no time at all. Seriously dude, your cooks are awesome.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    YukonRon said:
    Your stuffed crap can be on my table and demolished in no time at all. Seriously dude, your cooks are awesome.
    You are to kind sir. But I thank you for the very kind words my friend.  

Status- Standing by.

• Amazing cook brother!!!
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Nice way to wind down my night....well done sir!
    Seattle, WA
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Those look good man. I really love stuffed mushrooms. They are pretty steep priced at restaurants also. Never made them. This has got to change. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,726
    I cannot describe how good this looks, simply outstanding! :clap: 
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Nice job Buddy, I need to learn how to debone those chickens...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Awesome!
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Nice job Scottie, food looks fantastic as usual.

quick questions, why start them covered and if you egged these, would you cook covered or in a pan at all?
  • Looks great, is there a reason you have lump and briquettes in the vault or was it just because it was lying around? 

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    I am guessing that was for lunch. What are you having for dinner!!  
    Nicely done my friend.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SGH
    edited August 2015
    Legume said:
     why start them covered and if you egged these, would you cook covered or in a pan at all?
    Brother I have tried cooking these stuffed chickens every way imaginable. Hot and fast, low and slow, covered and uncovered.  With that said, they will turn out pretty good no matter how you cook them or what you cook them on. But due to the stuffing having to reach 160 degrees, I find that if you cook them uncovered for the duration, the chicken meat will get a little darker than I like. Also the meat will be a tad drier. Not totally dried out, but a little drier vs covering. I have experimented with these bad boys for years and I have settled on the first 45 minutes covered and the last 45 minutes uncovered. This will give the desired results that I am shooting for every time. You can adjust the covering time if you wish to make your bird lighter or darker. However I recommend that you go no less than 30 minutes covered. If you go less and are running above 300 degrees, the meat will probably turn out a little drier than you want by the time the stuffing is done. I find the 45/45 minute split to work perfect. And thanks for the kind words. 

Edit: yes I still cover them on the egg. I cover them no matter what I cook them on. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Looks great, is there a reason you have lump and briquettes in the vault or was it just because it was lying around? 
    Because it's so cheap, I always use briquettes to start bringing the units up to temp and get them on line. I catch the 40 pound deals on sale for 9.99 and stock up. I figure why waste the wood to preheat? Once I'm within 50 degrees of my target cooking temp, I start adding wood and use it from then on. Also if you have a good established coal bed, the wood will burn clean instead of sitting there smoldering. Briquette are a very cheap and reliable way of establishing a good coal bed.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    JRWhitee said:
     I need to learn how to debone those chickens...
    It's actually very simple my friend. I recommend practicing on thighs. You can get a huge pack of them for a few bucks. Once you have them down pat, move on to the whole birds. And thanks for the kind words my friend.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    JRWhitee said:
     I need to learn how to debone those chickens...
    Above I recommended practicing on thighs. You can stuff just the thighs if you wish. They are excellent deboned and stuffed. 

Status- Standing by.

• fergi
    fergi Posts: 138
    edited August 2015
    SGH said:

I have shared the recipe and steps before, but it was on someone else's thread. Don't remember who's it was. These birds are totally deboned. I have never stuffed birds with the bones still in.  And thank you for the kind words and compliments brother Wolf.  

That's an awesome cook SGH, you have set the bar high!

I have never deboned a chicken. Is it similar to what Chef Jacques Pépin does here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfY0lrdXar8

Thank for posting this cook!

Fort Worth Texas

Large & XL Green Egg

• SGH
    @fergi
    That is almost the exact method that I use. However I do one thing that is different. If you will notice that he uses string to tie his birds together. I do not. I sew mine together with edible gut. You can tie or sew, they will cook the same. But by sewing them together they are much less fragile and none of the stuffing will ooze out. And thanks for the kind words my friend.  

Status- Standing by.

• is this the stuffing you used on the pork shoulders